Sleep Talking

Valt:

Valt started quivering. It wasn't quiet either. It was the kind of thing where you knew he was having a nightmare, but couldn't wake up.

You rolled over, yawning in concern. In the beginning, it was terrifying to you. But now that you were deep into your relationship, you knew what to expect.

"How can I choose?" Valt mumbled. You looked at him in confusion.

"Beybread, Beyblade, or Y/n," he spoke fearfully. "They're all too important!"

You smiled softly to yourself. Maybe Valt's dreams weren't so terrifying after all. You held him in your arms until his heart rate began to go down, and then cradled him back to a peaceful sleep.

Shu:

"Please don't hurt me!"I cried in fear. The huge beast advanced towards my tiny body as I was stuck in place. As soon as I tried to run, I jolted awake.

"Gwah!" I shouted. The growling began again, but quieter this time. You looked over at Shu to make sure you didn't wake up, but he was hunched over so you couldn't tell.

You got out of bed and peered into his tiny eyes. His teeth were clenched and his eyes were pressed shut. "Lui..." he growled again.

You rolled your eyes and smiled. He needs to get over this petty grudge, you blushed. If not, he's no better than Lui himself.

You climbed back into bed knowing that Shu was safe, and knowing that you'd eventually have to comfort him in the morning.

Free:

Deep in slumber, Free quivered as he snorted loudly. I was surprised to see that none of the wildlife creatures seemed to be scared away. In fact, they seemed to be drawn to the worn-out boy.

"You shouldn't fall asleep in the forest like this, Free," I said softly. "One of these days you're going to get hurt."

"...but I miss her," Free whined.

I leaned in softly to see what he was talking about. "What did you say?" I whispered.

"Don't take y/n away from me," he started petting his hair as Free shifted around uncomfortably. "She's my girlfriend, not yours, Satan!"

I smiled at the odd conversation Free seemed to be having with Satan. At least you care, you weirdo... I thought.

Diago:

Normally, you and Diago didn't sleep in the same bed. Diago liked his space and personally, you liked it the same way.

However, at around 3 AM, you heard a strange noise in your apartment. You searched around to inspect it, but you found nothing out of the ordinary.

You searched through Diago's room one more time only to hear the noise again. It was a high-pitched squeal, almost like a muffled scream.

Bad timing for this to be at 3 AM, you thought nervously.

You looked over at your sleeping boyfriend and smiled. Even while he was asleep, he still looked cute as ever. You got closer to stroke his hair, and with each step you took, the house got louder.

Diago rolled over in his sleep and wiggled his nose. "I am the..." he began in his sleep. "I am the rockstar of the piccolo world."

And there was the noise again.

He wiggles his nose again and the noise appeared. I looked back as I remembered his nose whistles while he slept. I smiled softly at the sleeping edge-lord and headed back to my own bed.

"Goodnight, weirdo," you said while smiling.

Ukyo:

Ukyo was an incredibly light sleeper. In fact, he never slept. He watched and waited from the shadows for everyone to go to sleep, so no one would catch the ninja off guard.

However, one night you laid a trap for Ukyo. You pretended to be asleep in your bed, and when Ukyo crawled from out of the shadows, he snuck into bed with you. He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and buried his head in your back.

"No one..." he began. "Can ever trick me!"

He shoot up and smiled a goofy look. "Nice try though, y/n!"

"How?" you complained in protest. "I thought I was doing so well!"

"A true ninja never reveals his secrets," the bluenette smirked.

"Jerk..." your voice drifted off.

Quon:

Sleep was the number one thing in the Quon household. He slept and then went to school. He slept and then went to the skate park. And then he slept until he smelled the sweet scents of breakfast in the morning.

The snoring, however, was unbearable. He sounded like an elephant on cocaine. It was inevitable that he was trying to burst your eardrums.

"Quetzico!" he shouted. You bolted out of bed.

"Who's there? What's happening?" you cried, unused to their being actual noises in your slumber.

The snoring continued as soon as you shouted, and you were only to assume that it was your idiot boyfriend.

"Ice Blaze!" he shouted again. "Set fire to the stadium!"

I looked at my boyfriend in confusion. What stadium?! Why is he committing arson? You thought in panic.

"But remember," he began creepily. "Watch for the red lady."

What?!?!

Wakiya:

Living in the Murasaki house gave you access to a comfortable life. Not much to complain about, really. Wakiya's servants took care of all unnecessary tasks for you, which left you grateful due to your everyday exhaustion.

You may ask? Why exhaustion? Why not literally anything else?

Because Wakiya suffered from night terrors. Every night he dreamt that he was going to grow up and his father wouldn't be proud of him, or that he would be dangling from a high bridge. I believe the second one originated at the training camp Wakiya set up for the Bey Club.

Every night he would grab onto your arm and squeeze it until it got numb. "Don't, Father. I will make you proud," he would say.

On nights when he had the nightmares about heights was even more terrifying. To him, anything could be at the bottom of the ravine. He's dreamt about monsters, poison, murderers, and each night he would repeat the same words.

"Take someone else before you take me!"

That was a lot of words... like WAY too many. 1069 words to be exact. I'm trying to update more on this book, but I've been pretty into writing my BNHA story. I apologize for the inconvenience as I will try to write more chapters on this book.