Heartbreak

Beca tried, she tried telling Emily about Stacie a million times but she'd chicken out a million times. After the Fun Day she wanted to, but she then started to wonder why Alexia didn't tell her and she got the answer when she saw her sister's smile. Emily's smile got brighter whenever Stacie was around and Beca knows that Emily's hasn't smiled like that since her mother past away. Every time she saw Emily smile it would break her heart and it seemed like Chloe was starting to notice her girlfriend's behavior so she decided to ask her about it one day when they were hanging out in Beca's room after school.

"Hey babe?" Chloe called her girlfriend who was reading a comic book on the floor.

"Mmm?" Beca looked away from the book and gave Chloe all her attention.

"Why does it seem like every time your sister smiles, you look hurt?"

"It's nothing babe." Beca responded after looking away.

"You're lying and I know it. What's wrong you know you talk to me right?" Chloe said getting off the bed to sit next to her girlfriend on the floor.

"It's her." Beca said with a cracking voice.

"Who's her Beca?" Chloe asked as the shorter girl fought back her tears.

"Remember when I asked you for advise about a friend who's girlfriend doesn't love them?" Chloe nodded. "That 'friend' is Emily. She's just using her for a bet."

"Wait so you're saying Stacie doesn't really love Emily?" Beca nodded.

"And I don't know what to do. If don't tell her and she somehow finds out, she'll hate me for not telling her. If I do tell her, I have to see her face the second her heart breaks." Beca sniffled.

"Beca, you have to tell her. It's better to hear it from you than from some random person who might also know."

"No matter what I do, I'll be hurting her Chlo." Beca said before she couldn't take it anymore and started crying. Chloe gave her a comforting hug as her heart broke for Beca.

After half an hour Beca stopped crying and looked at Chloe. "I'll tell her but not now. She has her volleyball finals in two days and I don't want to distract her." Beca said in a low voice and Chloe nodded as she gave Beca a kiss on the cheek.

Chloe couldn't believe it, she thought that Stacie had changed from being her player self but she was wrong. She felt so bad for Emily and Beca. She tried playing it cool until the day of the volleyball finals came along but she just couldn't hang out with Stacie, so she kept making excuses not to hang out. The day of the final came along and she went to the game to support Beca.

Emily had to play the girl's final and the mixed final on the same day so she had to be extra focused so Beca had to wait for both games to end. When they did Emily won both and was now celebrating with her teams and Alexia was about to pass the captain's band to Emily when Beca came up to them and pulled Emily away.

"What's your deal!!" Emily yelled as Beca led her outside with no one in sight.

"Emily, you know I love you right?" Beca said looking serious.

"Yes."

"And I would never do something that would hurt you on purpose."

"Beca you're starting to scare me. What's wrong?"

"Em, Stacie sh-sh-she m-made a bet that she could get you to fall in love with her by the end of the year. Then she has to prove that she didn't catch feelings by breaking up with you and collecting her bet money." Beca explained as she saw the heartbreak written all over her sister's face.

"No, no, no, no!!!" Emily yelled as glasses formed in her eyes breaking Beca's heart.

"It's true." Beca said as Alexia walked up to them and she didn't have to ask any questions to know what was happening.

"Are you okay Em?" Alexia asked concerned.

"You knew too? About Stacie's bet?" Emily asked and Alexia nodded her head in shame.

"I'm sorry Emily." Alexia said as she gave the younger girl a hug. Emily let one tear slip then the rest came like pouring rain. The two older girls tried to comfort her the best they could without crying themselves. Beca texted Jesse to collect any awards that were to be given to Emily and that she'll see him at home.

When Jesse got the text he was confused but did as he was told and got Emily's awards for her.

"Eh Jesse, where did your sisters go?" Bumper asked the boy.

"I wish I knew. Do any of you guys know what's wrong?"

"What could possibly be wrong that you don't know but we do?" Stacie asked.

"Of all people I would expect you to know." Chloe said to the tall brunette.

"Okay Chloe, what's problem right now?" Aubrey asked.

"Stacie, she's my problem right now. She hurt Emily and now Beca and Alexia have to try and fix her stupid decision!!" Chloe yelled.

"What are you talking about? Where's Emily?!" Jesse asked starting to get worried.

"She's with Beca and Alexia. I think they took her home." Chloe said starting to calm down.

"Ginger, what exactly is wrong with Legacy?" Amy asked also getting worried.

"I can't tell you that. I'm not sure if she would even want me knowing. She has to tell you herself." Chloe said not giving them a straight forward answer.

At that exact moment they all got a text from Emily telling them that's she's fine and that they didn't have to worry about her. Although that was supposed to make them feel better about the situation they all couldn't help but feel like something was wrong. Ashley was first to speak.

"She's not okay. If she was okay, she was going to call me then I tell you what she said. She only texts when she knows that I'll pick up on the fact that she was crying." She said and everyone got a lot more worried than they already were. They thought it would be best if they let Jesse talk to her and they'll come over the next day which is Saturday and check up on her.