Chapter 24: Promise?

I sit there in silence as the strangers around talk to each other in hushed voices. I awkwardly sit there on the floor fiddling with my fingers.

"How the fuck is she alive??" The ash blond dog asks.

"I don't know! I saw her die!" Ponytail says back. "We both did!" She points at the girl with pink skin.

"Who cares? All that matters is she's alive." The boy with horns walks over to me and plops down beside me. "Sooo, what's cooking good looking?" He places an arm around my shoulders. I stare at him with widen eyes until my brain finally catches up with the situation.

"Who the flying fuck are you freaks?" I harshly snap, pushing the flirting blond away. He whines.

"That's rude... Even if we are freaks." He mutters and gets up and away from me.

After, no one says anything to me. They just stare at me, waiting for something to happen. I ball my hands into fists and stand up.

"I said, WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" I scream. They jump due to my sudden outburst but still say quiet. What's it gunna take to get them to talk? "... If you don't leave, Dabi will kill you."

I see the ash blond react to this statement and clench his hands into fists. "I'll kill that son of a bitch before he can lay a fucking hand on anyone."

"You sound like you know him."

"Because I do, dipshit. We've had our experience with him first hand and the bastard took someone very important to me- I mean us." He declares. "And that fucker is gunna pay."

"Well, that sucks. But I don't want any part. I already get my fair share of abuse from that walking corpse, I don't need to be involved with something dealing with the likes of you people." I say in a stern tone.

"Y'know you're pretty hot when you're mad." The horned boy says which gets him a smack upside the head. "Ow..." The pink skinned girl shakes her head and turns to me.

"Y/n please-"

"How do you know my name? What are you guys? Who are you guys? Why are you here? H-"

"I know you must have a lot of questions but please, can they wait until we leave this place? Please?" The  girl with her black hair in a ponytail pleaded. I closed my mouth and thought. I felt skeptical about leaving with these strangers, but something about them made me feel... Safe. But, no matter the feeling I got from them, they're still strangers. They can be dangerous. Like him.

"... No." I finally say. "I don't feel comfortable going with you. I'm sure you're nice, wonderful people but I don't know you. Please, leave me alone and go away." The boy with a scar shakes his head, still holding the green haired boy in his arms.

"Y/n...please. You have to trust us." He asks in a pleading, his voice cracking near the end. "We miss you.." My heart breaks at how broken he sounds. I look at the faces of the rest of the monsters. All of their faces have the same expression: sad. Their eyes tell a story deep down, a heartbreaking story. Their eyes silently pleading for me to suck it up and trust them.

"I..." My voice fails me. I can't come to a decision. What if they're like him? I couldn't trust him, what makes them any different? They're all monsters deep down. I must remember that... They're all the same.

I glare at him. "No, you're all the same: monsters. Killers. Only thinking of yourselves. I don't care what you think you know about me, I'm not going."

"Dammit Y/n! Why the fuck do you have to be so complicated?!" The ash blonde shouts, spit flying from his mouth. His eyes lighting with fury. I feel my heart jump to my throat.

I back up as far as I could, fear consuming me. I was right.

They're all the same.

- Bakugo's P. O. V -

I watch as she backs up against the wall her body shaking from fear. I clench my hands into fists as I stare at her. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I look to my side to see Shitty hair shaking his head slowly, clearly disappointed on how I'm acting, but I can't fucking help it. We finally have her back but she doesn't remember us and refuses to give us a chance, a chance to help her. I look back at her.

She's scared... Of me. I bite my lip until ir starts to bleed. "Fuck." Is all I can say. I turn away from everyone and head to the door. "I'll be down stairs. Don't bother me." I say and walk out making sure to slam the door.

I stomp down the stairs and sit down on an old stained brown couch. I see a few cuts on the arm rests as I place my arm there. I grip the arm rest, my claws coming out, putting five more holes into the couch.

"Dammit... I'm fucking hopeless. I'm useless..." I mumble.

"You know that's not true, bro." A voice pipes in. I snap my head up to see shitty- I mean, Kirishima siting in the bottom step. I glare at him.

"Fuck off, yes it is." I grumble. "I can't get through to her. She won't listen to me. This never would've happened if I -"

"Forgive me but shut up. It's not your fault, it's not anyone's fault except that one stitched guy. He caused this, he did that to her. Not you. And if Y/n still had her memories, she wouldn't want you to blame yourself."

"But if I got there quicker, I wouldn't have to blame myself! If those two fucking girly ass bitches had done a  better job at protecting her, than she wouldn't be like this! If ponytail had ran after that guy with hands she could've gotten Y/n back! It's-"

"Deep breathes, Bakugo. Deep breathes..." I breathe in and exhale with my eyes closed, allowing some of these negative emotions to leave my system but only for the remaining to be stronger and heavier. My lip begins to slightly quiver and my eyes become a bit glossy. No, Katsuki Bakugo doesn't cry.

I wipe my nose with my sleeve and cough, clearing my throat. "I'm fine. Where's everyone else?"

"They're still upstairs with Y/n trying to get her to trust them at least enough for her to come with us. It's not going very well..." He let's out a nervous laugh.

- Your P. O. V -

"Get away from me! I don't wanna go with you, leave me alone!" I shout.

"Y/n, please. Let us help you." The black haired girl reaches out to help me up.

"No! I don't need your help! I don't even know who you guys are!" I slap her hands away. "All you guys did was walk in and say I knew you, you provided no prove!"

"We knew your name, we knew who the man was that was hurting you, we knew you lived here. We know you. Let us help you."

"I... I can't. I don't want to get hurt. I just want it to all go away..."

"Want what to go away?" The pink girl asks. I look up at her, tears in my eyes.

"The pain." I answer. "I don't remember anything. How old I am, who my family is, what happened to me, when I was born, who I was before. I can't trust anybody."

"You can trust us. We'd never hurt you or let anything happen to you."

"... Promise?"

"Promise."

"How do I know you'll keep that promise?" I ask.

"Because we care about you. And you don't let anything bad happen to the people you care about."

Is this what comfort feels like? I... Enjoy it.

I let out a weak smile. "Thank you." I look to the door and see the ash blonde leaning against the door frame, a small smile on his face. The red haired shark boy is behind him, biting his fist to keep sobs from escaping.

***

Ha! I'm not dead just yet! Satan's gunna have to try harder than that to keep me dead!

Sorry this took so long. I didn't have much motivation to write anything for any of my books. But, as you can see, I got just enough to give you a chapter.

I hope you enjoyed!

Byee 💙💚