Chapter 40

for those of you asking for her instagram, people pretty much already found it but if you really want it you can message me

" So?" Peter, along with the whole team offer hopeful eyes. Tony sucks in a breathe, and shakes his head, making all of their shoulders drop.

" Great job, Tony." Steve scoffs, and storms out of the lounge room.

" Way to lead." Loki rolls his eyes, and follows Rogers. Soon, the rest of the avengers leave him and Natasha alone.  

" I tried my best to get her back. I really did." He sank in his chair and buried his face in his hands. 

" Imagine if you tried half as hard to make her stay." She sneered, shaking her head.

" So what's the play then?" He lifts his head and makes eye contact.

" You're the genius. What can you figure out from her, without her telling?"

" I can tell she's exhausted."

" Exhausted how?"

" There was a pillow and blanket on the couch, and a plastic holder for a six pack beer."

" So..?"

" Her father was drinking. So maybe a recent loss?" Tony mutters.

" Or maybe just a loss he still hasn't recovered from." Natasha shoots back.

" I was there around after lunch time, so he must be unemployed. And that's why she works so much. Maybe, she's tired of being needed by people. Maybe she needs someone without them having motives." He realizes.

" I think you figured it out."