Chapter 41

( this takes place during Ultron but they knew the twins before. I'm changing it up to fit my own personal timeline)

" Why do I even talk to you guys? Every where else, that story kills-"

" Oh, is that the whole story?" The avengers recovered from their asset loss, or at least attempted to at a household gathering.

" Oh it's very good then." Thor chuckles, as Tony's expression remains unimpressed.

"Quality save." Rhodey rolls his eyes.

" Still no Delilah?" Maria hill intervenes.

" No." Tony offers a tight smile. Everyone shares a look, and changes the subject.

.....

" Please, be my guest." The avengers stared at the hammer on the table with bulging eyes. After each avenger attempts, but fails miserably, to hold the holy hammer, they all whip their eyes around to stare at the wonder before them.

"No... how could you be worthy? You're all killers."

" Stark?" Steve's voice stern

" Jarvis?" Tonys voice wavered.

" Im sorry, I-was asleep. Or, I was a dream."

" I-I uh just reboot-" Tony fumbles.

" There was this terrible terrible noise and I was tangled in strings, I had to kill the other guy, he was a good guy-

" You killed someone?" Steve asked, fazed.

" Wouldn't have been my first call but... down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices."

" Who sent you?" Thor talks over it, over him.

" I see a suit of armor around the world-

" Ultron." Bruce's eye's widen in realization.

"In the flesh- well no. Not yet. Not this Christmas. But I'm ready. I'm on mission."

" What mission?" Natasha speaks up. Thor grips his hammer, Agent Hill locks her gun, Tony activates his lasers, while Bruce tries his best to stay Bruce.

" Peace of our time." Alas, all hell breaks loose.