Chapter 46

Even from down the hall, Delilah could hear the bickering between Tony and the rest of the team. If under normal circumstances, she would've recorded it, opting for internet fame off of their closed door incompetence.

However, she didn't consider a demonic robot out seeking vengeance on his own creator and his team by taking over the world normal circumstances. Not yet at least.

...

" Woah woah woah." Tony warns, as Thor puts hangs him by his neck, while his feet dangle for the ground.

" What's going around?" Clint asks, unbothered.

" Come on, use your words buddy." Tony rasps out.

" I have more then enough words to describe you Stark." Thor's eyes narrow.

" Don't we all?" Delilah intervenes, leaning against the door frame. All heads turn.

" You came?" Steve smiles, despite the situation.

" Peggy didn't." She joked, earning a stifled chuckle from Rhodey. Loki walks up to the young girl with a beaming smile. 

    He holds his hand up for a high five, something Delilah taught him to do not too long ago.

    The rest are speechless, they haven't seen the girl in a long time and didn't expect her to turn up.

" Let's skip the welcome back party, clearly you guys have already had your fun." She motions towards the mess Ultron left.

" The trail went cold about 100 miles, and it's headed north... with the scepter." She explains.

" Now we have to retrieve it, again." Thor finishes for her, in an eerie tone.

" The genie is out of that bottle, clear and present is Ultron." Natasha shrugs.

" I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?" Dr Helen Cho speaks up, eyes never leaving the remaints of Ultron.

Instead of coming up with an explanation, Tony chuckles. The rest exchange looks of disbelief, while Bruce shakes his head, signaling Tony to quit. That only makes him laugh harder, broadening Delilah's smirk.

" You think this is funny?" Thor steps forward, ready to attack yet again.

" No? It's probably not right? This is very terrible. Is that so? Is that so- it is, isn't it? It's so terrible." He responds in between laughs, causing Thor to get even more agitated with his team mate.

" This could've been avoided if you hadn't played with-

" -no-"

"- something you don't understand" The god finishes.

" No, I'm  sorry, I'm sorry. It is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this." Tony steps forward to Thor, the men being face to face.

" Tony, maybe this might not be the time to-"

" Really?" Tony cuts Bruce off, turning away from the god to face him.

" That's it? You just roll over, show your belly every time somebody snarls..." He trails off.

" Only when I've created a murder bot." Bruce addressed.

" We didn't! We weren't even close- were we close to an interface?" The tension was just getting thicker and thicker.

" Well you did something right. And you did it right here. The Avengers were supposed to be different then shield." Steve participates with a stone expression, and crossed arms.

" And you aren't?" Delilah finally speaks up, making heads turn once again.

" Anybody remember when Tony carried a nuke through a warm hole? She continues, earning a smirk from Tony.

" No, it's never come up."  Rhodey contemplates.

" How about when you all saved New York?"

" Never heard of that." Rhodey answers again.

" Recall that? Maybe a detail?" The team looks at her, curious to her point.

" A hostile army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it!" Her voice rings through the room, as it gets louder and louder.

" You guys are the Avengers." Her voice softens.

" You can bust arm dealers all the lifelong day, but...that up there?" She points towards the ceiling, signaling to outer space.

" That's the endgame. How are you guys planning on beating that?" She finally asks them.

" Together." Steve replies, reassuring her.

" We'll lose." Tony focuses on Steve and Delilah as if they were the only ones listening.

" Then we'll do that together too." Delilah finishes. Steve offers her a proud smile, and Tony nudges her with his shoulder.

" Thor's right. Ultrons calling us out, and I'd like to find him before he's ready for us." Steve instructs, wavering eye contact with each member.

"The worlds a big place, let's start making it smaller."
                                 ...

" We need to figure out the two lab rats who were aiding Hydra." Tony pipes in, searching through his database, while the rest of the team were following different leads.

" You know way too many Disney references for comfort." Delilah sarcastically replied. Tony chuckles.

" You've met who I live with right?"

" Wait... that's it." She voices, making Tony turn around her way.

" Why don't we ask Wanda and Pietro if they had any roommates at their little stay?" Delilah took over.

" Roomates?" Tony pondered the idea.

" You know, other captures. The twins couldn't have been their only project. You said it yourself, their powers were similar, but stronger."  She flipped through each hologram.

" Should I contact the twins?"

" What else are we gonna do? Snoop through their old year books?" She snaps, walking over to coffee table and pouring herself a cup.

" Aren't you a little too young to be drinking all that caffeine?" Tony crosses his arms, noticing how many cups of black coffee she's inhaled.

" Aren't I a little too young to be searching through international databases to help a man child and his Brady bunch track their life size robot and magical wand?" She sassed, gulping her cup.

" Touché." He snickered. Delilah lightly laughed, then immediately stopped.

" Wait a minute." She set her coffee down and ran over to a computer. After typing a way for a couple minutes, Tony hovering over her shoulder, the screen cut to a young boy and his twin brother performing magic alike Wanda and Pietro.

" Caught you red handed. Haha get it? Cause his hand glows red when he-"

" Yeah I got it." Tony cut her off, with a faint proud smile.

" I'd ask how you found them, but that seems like a tutorial for another time."