Hearing

Raphael stood beside Luke in Magnus' loft. He got there long before Luke to check on Afina, who Magnus moved into his guest room with a spell which would alert him if she woke up.

"Trust me after the night is through you're gonna wish you had these." Magnus stated as he handed glasses of alcohol to Luke and Raphael.

The two looked at each other before they both set the glasses down on the table. "Just because you're scared of facing Alec sober doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't walk into this emergency council meeting level headed."

"No need to be hurtful."

"You're right. Sorry it was a long night with the cops." Luke explained

"Wheres Meliorn?" Raphael questioned right after Luke was done.

"The Queen will be attending this very special meeting in his place." Magnus said after giving a very sarcastic look.

"And exactly how do you know that?" Luke asked, glancing to the vampire beside him.

"She told me" he shrugged. "And id suggest you both cozy up to her, sooner rather then later."

"She's a fanatic!"

"Valentine is a fanatic. The Clave is filled to the gills with fanatics. The queen is simply a women with a strong point of view." Raphael at this point sat down on the couch Afina once was.

He glanced to the back hallway and debated just leaving these two to argue and go see her until her heard Luke finish what he was saying and he turned back to them.

"Unless valentine succeeds in raising Raziel, kills everyone with demon blood first." The words tasted like poison in his mouth. He had his own people to protect along with the women he loves who was turning into something else.

"In which case, she'd like to offer the entire Downwolrd protection in the seelie realm. She insists the court has been beyond the reach of angels and their power for quite some time." Magnus explained.

"So we live in safety as what, her subjects?" Luke pointed out to which Raphael nodded his head slightly in agreement.

"Loyal subjects is how she worded it when I brought up the same concern."

"Oh mhm" Luke was frustrated beyond belief at that moment.

"And you believed her?" Raphael asked when Luke seemed to be done asking questions.

"I believe that seelies cannot lie." Magnus sighed when he saw Raphael look away from him. "Look no pressure but I have already accepted her offer on behalf of the warlock community in Brooklyn."

Raphael stood up and shared a look with Luke before Luke spoke. "What's the catch?"

"You're gonna want that drink now" was his only reply before he dove into what this meant and how it could help them.

Luke stood in the living room before he glanced around, seeming to only now notice Afina wasn't there. "How's Afina doing?"

"She's been asleep for the past few days. The demon is growing so I'm trying to work as fast as I can but with all this. It's nearly impossible." Magnus glanced at the two men.

Raphael was turned, looking out the window as he thought over everything he needed to do to protect his people and Afina.

"So what do you suggest we do?" Raphael questioned, walking over to Magnus and Luke. "She's been asleep for days what exactly did you give her?"

Magnus rolled his eyes, "just something to help her sleep while I get what I need together." He turned towards his windows watching the sunlight seep in.

"Well do you have something?" When Magnus didn't answer and just continued to stare out his window Raphael moved to wave his hand in front of his face. "Sorry for interrupting."

Raphael was trying to lighten whatever mood everyone was in but very clearly failed when neither of them smiled or laughed instead he saw the distant look in his eyes. "Magnus, are you alright?"

"Yeah just all this commotion with valentine and Jonathan and everything else. It starts to get to you after a while" Magnus tried to smile but it was gone just as soon as it appeared.

"That's not all is it?" Raphael asked after a moment of watching Magnus.

Magnus closed his eyes and turned away from Raphael. "She doesn't know about anything that has been going on. I don't know how to tell her."

"About what?"

"About this whole war, Valentine, Max almost dying. I just can't do that to her." Magnus got out

Raphael listened and nodded his head as if to tell him to go on.

"She-I-" he let out a frustrated breath. "I practically raised her when she was a child. I have a solution for this but-" he stopped and looked away from them.

"But what? Magnus?" Luke stepped in

"It's the way I protected her when she was younger." Magnus finally got out and turned his head away from the vampire as it clicked into his head.

"No. You can't- no. There has to be another way." He was desperate he couldn't lose her again he couldn't feel that hurt of her not remembering him again.

"Raphael just think about this how she got here. She was a shadowhunter with human blood then she was turned into a vampire. All those types of bloods mixed together was bound to have something happen. This demon in her is caused by those bloods mixing. I can get rid of the demon but to make sure it goes for good she needs to forget."

"Stop." Raphael put his hand up to try and stop him from going on. He took a step to walk away when Magnus grabbed his arm.

"Raphael listen to me. This is the same spell I put on her in the past. When the time comes she will remember. But this," he gestured to his table that he's been working on. "This is the only way I know it will work."

"We should go to that meeting." Luke spoke trying to diffuse the tension.

"Are you with me?" Magnus asked, glancing between the two men. They both looked at each other before reluctantly nodding.

"What about Afina? What will we do if things turn bad?" Raphael asked as he watched Magnus put another spell on the room she was in, locking her inside.

"If it comes down to it, I'm taking her with us. That's not a deal I'm willing to negotiate."

After the Queen along with the three others confronted Alec and the others they all went to leave. Raphael stayed behind and Izzy was quick to confront him.

"How's Afina?" She asked and it seemed like Alec and Jace were by her side in a split second to hear what he was going to say.

Raphael sighed and shifted on his feet. "It's not good." Izzy seemed to hold her breath at this. "From what Magnus has said the demon is growing. He has a way to help her but-"

"But?" Jace asked, crossing his arms.

"To do it he needs to erase her memories. All of them. Even the ones he erased the first time." Izzy took in a shaky breath as tears started to form in her eyes.

After a moment of processing the news Alec spoke up. "Can we see her?"

"She's been asleep for the past few days. He's been closely watching her because he thinks the next time she wakes up it won't be her and it will be harder to control her. So no I don't think so" Raphael explained before he pulled out his phone. "I need to get going. I'll update you guys if anything happens."

"Thank you Raphael." Raphael nodded at them before walking away.

"This is all my fault. If I had just listened when she needed me-" Izzy went to say but was cut of by her brothers.

"No it's all our faults. We were so busy worrying about all of this we didn't see she needed us." Jace put his hand on Izzys shoulder and Alec nodded in agreement.

"Well we do have things to worry about so let's get back to it." Izzy and Jace nodded, following after Alec.

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter:)