Chapter 12

Anna opened her eyes, a long groan escaping her lips. Looking around, she found herself in a white hospital room. Suddenly the door opened and Rapunzel came in.

“Anna, you’re awake.” she said, relief apparent in her voice. “How do you feel?”

“Like I have been mowed over by a tractor.” Rasped Anna.

Rapunzel chuckled. “Glad to see that you haven’t lost your sense of humour.”

“How long was I asleep?” asked Anna

“Four days. Andrew is so worried about you.”

“What about Meg?”

“The gunshots alerted the mall representatives and they arrived just as you fainted. Meg is in police custody now.”

Anna sighed.” This is all my fault. I’m a selfish bitch.”

“No you’re not. Meg is a psychopath.”

“Where’s Elsa?” suddenly asked Anna.

Rapunzel’s eyes glazed over. “She was shot in the kidney, Anna. They need a new kidney.”

“Where is she?” repeated Anna

“She’s in a coma.”

That’s all Anna heard before a sharp pain in her stomach caused her to black out.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

“She’s fine. Just the aftermath of getting shot.” Said the doctor

“Thanks doc.” Said Andrew relieved.

“What’s Elsa’s condition?”

“Still the same, Anna.” sighed the doctor.

The days passed into weeks and everyone desperately tried to cheer Anna up but she refused demanding to see Elsa. At last…

“Anna, I think you can go home.” Said the doctor smiling.

“Ok.” came the nonchalant answer.

Everyone helped Anna to get ready and she and her aunt left the hospital in silence.

“I’m sorry, Aunt Quinn. It’s all my fault. I shouldn’t have come here.” sobbed Anna

“It’s ok, Anna. I know my daughter. She would do the same for anyone. It’s not your fault.” comforted her aunt.

“I have to stay at the hospital with Elsa so Andrew will stay with you, Anna.” Added her aunt

The car stopped outside her house where Andrew was waiting and after they exchanged a few word, her aunt drove away.

[][][][][][][[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

“I want to go and visit Elsa.” Demanded Anna after a few days.

Andrew nodded and went back to read his paper. Anna ran up to change into jeans and tee shirt and then went downstairs to see Andrew waiting for her. The car drive was a blur for her.She waited impatiently while receptionist spoke with Andrew and she rushed upstairs to Elsa’s room.

She went inside and sat beside Elsa. Elsa was looking like she was just sleeping and would wake up any second and kiss Anna.

“I love you,Elsa and I’m saying this in case I don’t get a chance to say it again. I love you and I missed you. I would gladly get shot a million times if it meant that you would wake up. Remember how I used to wake you up when we were kids? I used to say that the sky was awake and we had to play and you would always refuse and I would always ask you to build a snowman and then you would rush outside with me and we would build Olaf.”

Anna took Elsa’s hand. “Please come back. I can’t lose you, not after my parents.”

She suddenly saw a guitar and picking it up, started to play it.

“I remember tears streaming down your face when I said, I’ll never let you go. When all those shadows almost killed your light.” Anna started to hum

I remember you said don’t leave me here alone,                                                                                                           but all that’s dead and gone and passed tonight. 

Anna started singing louder.

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Tears ran down Anna’s cheeks.

Don't you dare look out your window
Darling everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold on to this lullaby
Even when the music's gone, gone

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Anna was crying freely now.

Just close your eyes
You'll be alright
Come morning light,
You and I'll be safe and sound

After the last word she started crying holding Elsa’s cold hands.

Should Elsa die or live? What do you guys think? The song  Taylor Swift’s Safe and Sound.