♡ 01

"what? you're in the same dorm as park seonghwa? the park seonghwa?" jisung, hongjoong's newly made friend exclaimed.

"yes, what about it?" he questioned, highly confused. hongjoong had just reached his new homeroom, and a few kids came over to say hi.

"oh man, you're so screwed," another male standing beside jisung chuckled. "you're scaring him, minho!" a shorter male nudged minho's side, causing him to wince in pain.

"what, what about him? am i going to get bullied or whatever?" hongjoong asked, raising a brow. he wasn't going to tolerate any bullying. if anything, he would be the one bullying the bully.

"i don't know, you're probably gonna get kicked out for no reason. or maybe willingly switch dorms," minho sighed, crossing his arms. "legend has it that many past occupants of dorm A309 never get to have a longlasting stay. some believe they get bullied, some believe they get done by park seonghwa. i don't know, never experienced it,"

at this point, hongjoong was speechless. get done by... a high schooler? in school compounds? the heck? are these even real?

"believe it or not, someone has evidence of it. a voice recording of them doing it! how-"

"just shut up, minho, stop with your weird rumours," the shorter male put his hand over minho's mouth. "ew, changbin! did you even wash your hand?"

the three boys started bickering, leaving hongjoong in his own thoughts.

if his roommate was this kind of weird person, then he'd definitely have to be wary of him. i'll just have to ask around more...

-

the first two periods passed by quickly like the wind. it was now lunch period. hongjoong liked to eat alone, so he turned down jisung, minho and changbin's offer to have lunch together.

halfway through his delicious oyakodon, another group of boys came over to his table. "hey, you're hongjoong?" a boy with deep voice asked.

hongjoong nodded his head, unable to speak due to the food in his mouth.

"great. i'm mingi, and these are yunho and yeosang. nice to meet you!" said boy greeted, smiling from tooth to tooth. hongjoong introduced himself too, and the three of them sat across from him.

"what's up?" he asked, curious of their approach.

"we're friends with jisung and the rest, and i heard from them that you're roommates with park seonghwa," mingi started, still smiling.

"well... yeah. what about it?" hongjoong groaned internally. exactly how dangerous is seonghwa? he'd like to see for himself.

"oh boy, you'd regret being roomies with him. why not you apply for a transfer? my pal yeosang has a vacancy in his room," he suggested, pointing to the quiet boy on his left.

"err..." hongjoong raised his brow for the nth time today. in between the periods, people kept asking him about his roommate and stuff, his whole mind kept revolving around park seonghwa. like, he haven't even seen him in person yet!

"you'll definitely regret. i guarantee it. it's confirmed. you will transfer sooner or later. i'm just helping you get along, since you're new," mingi insisted, moving his body closer to hongjoong and staring intently at him, raising up his index finger.

"yeah, man. yeosang is a nice guy. you'll make a good friend," yunho, who thought he was way too silent, chirped in too.

"thanks for the offer, really, but i think i'll stay in my dorm. i'll see after a while," hongjoong said, looking sadly at his now cold bowl of oyakodon.

"alright then. it's cool. here's my number in case. see you around!" mingi and the rest bid their goodbyes and left.

"i just don't believe he's that bad of a guy..." hongjoong mumbled, and continued eating his cold oyakodon.

-

it was fifth period. the last for the day.

it was a banded math class, where everyone from different classes were mixed together. hongjoong, being a genius was banded into the first few classes.

he didn't know where he should sit, so he just randomly picked a seat at the very back of the class. it seemed clean and untouched, and so did the one beside it, so he assumed it was no one's seat.

as he made himself comfortable, people were starting to look at him weirdly and whisper. what? is this seat a bully's seat?

right before the teacher came in, a tall, slim, black-haired male walked into the class, hands tucked in his pockets and bag slung on one shoulder.

he didn't know if it was because of the teacher or the male the class went silent immediately.

then the male walked towards him and pulled out the chair beside his seat.

oh.

so it was because i'm sitting beside some good looking guy that's the man of their dreams.

ah, how badly his head hurt. first, his roommate. second, his seatmate. if he wasn't going to suffer because of his roommate's 'bullying', then he was going to suffer from being the letterboy of his seatmate.

hongjoong decided to ask the male in case someone else was supposed to sit at his place.

"hey, is anyone supposed to be sitting at my place?"

the male shook his head without shifting his sight away from the whiteboard.

"then is it okay if i continue sitting here?"

"up to you," the male finally said something, but his gaze was still on the whiteboard.

"then may i ask what's your name? i'm hongjoong, kim hongjoong,"

"seonghwa. park seonghwa,"