♡ 09

somehow, he felt a little envious of yunho and mingi too.

"let's head back, shall we?" mingi said, after he noticed yunho had started to wipe his mouth with a tissue. he nodded without saying a word, getting up from his seat and started to walk to their dorm. mingi followed suit, walking behind yunho.

to them, it was an awkward walk. to bystanders, it was uncomfortable to watch. the scene looked like mingi was trying to rob or stalk yunho. mingi was literally staring at yunho's head, from a distance of around 30cm away. how creepy is that? however, to bystanders like hongjoong, who knew the truth, he just wanted to bang his head on a wall.

why, mingi, why?!

"what's wrong, hongjoong?" asked seonghwa, who had noticed hongjoong's strained expression. he turned his head back to face seonghwa, giving him a reassuring smile. "oh, it's nothing. just some... dumbass," he facepalmed, sighing. "anyway, wanna start heading back?"

--

hongjoong entered the dorm after seonghwa, and headed straight to his desk. he had loads of homework to complete by tomorrow, and time was ticking away. he had no time to waste!

looking at hongjoong's flying hands and messy desk, seonghwa shook his head and sighed. he had hoped to ask him about these strange feelings he's had lately, like his accelerating heartbeat when he sees him being happy, and his newfound happiness whenever he sees him enjoying his food.

but then again, these questions were so lame. hongjoong probably doesn't care. his workload was increasing day by day, he doesn't even have the time to care.

seonghwa messed up his hair, letting a soft groan escape his lips. maybe he'll ask him after he finishes his work later...

"seonghwa," hongjoong's voice suddenly filled the quiet room, making him jump a little.

"y-yes?"

"can you help me with the new topic ms. lee taught in math? i don't understand the concept," asked hongjoong, scratching his head awkwardly. he felt kind of sorry towards seonghwa. he was always helping him out, with nothing in return.

seonghwa nodded and got down from the bunk bed, grabbing his chair and placing it beside hongjoong. the table itself was quite small, and the messy piles of papers and books made it look even smaller.

seonghwa tried to ignore how close he was to hongjoong, and started on his mini tutoring session. he tried to ignore how his elbow touched hongjooong's whenever he wanted to scribble notes on his worksheet. he tried to ignore how hongjoong would always smile when he understood something. he tried to ignore how their faces were centimeters away when he faced him to ask a question.

in a nutshell, seonghwa almost couldn't handle it. he was aldeady melting from the cuteness and little contacts here and there.

in the end, seonghwa managed to get hongjoong to understand the topic, and he bolted back up his bunk bed faster than sonic.

"woah, dude, you good?" hongjoong raised an eyebrow at seonghwa's action, while he was thinking if he was too dumb for seonghwa to handle. he must've lost many braincells just by that short session, and he had to escape quickly.