♡ 04

♡ - this part is mostly about seonghwa's past

♡ - i'm mostly writing these in the middle of the night, so my apologies if there are frequent typos or grammatical errors that i wasn't able to spot.

--

you know why it's so good? because i made it with my love.

the two silently finished up the fried rice, and hongjoong suggested they go for a round of desserts before they start to head back. lunch period lasted for an hour, and they still had 30 minutes left.

hongjoong enjoyed the silence today. he was too distracted by seonghwa's kimchi fried rice, he even forgot about that morning's incident, until he looked up at seonghwa's stiff face, now a lot less stiffer than usual, but still a little stiff.

"let's go to the dessert shop beside our dorm block," seonghwa suggested, after he cleaned up the place. hongjoong replied with an "ok", and they started to make their way over.

hongjoong noticed that seonghwa was still holding the plastic bag with the two empty containers. "are you gonna keep those?" he asked, trying to start a conversation as they walked. hopefully this one won't flop.

"mm," seonghwa mumbled in response, and kept quiet after that. just that?

"are you gonna use it for the next lesson?"

"mm,"

"are you gonna leave extras for me again?"

"mm. home ec classes are every tuesday and thursday,"

"cool. i'll look forward to this thursday then,"

and the conversation ended. not bad, hongjoong thought. this conversation was a little longer than usual. he wanted to ask him about last night, but he didn't know how to start. he kept pondering on question starters the whole trip to the dessert shop.

they arrived at the shop, ordered their desserts and chose to sit in a dark corner.

"haha, this spot is quite cozy. i like it," hongjoong awkwardly said, scratching his head.

"i like it too," seonghwa replied, looking at hongjoong's hazelnut eyes. their eyes locked for a moment, before hongjoong broke it and coughed.

"oh, right. last night, were you okay? you seemed to be dreaming of something scary," hongjoong questioned boldly, finally mustering his courage to ask.

however, seonghwa only nodded. hongjoong was really exasperated at his weird behaviour towards him. sometimes he was cold, sometimes he was caring. so did seonghwa accept him as his friend and roommate or not? or was he just fooling around with him, afterwards throwing him out of the dorm, and then the two of them end up in bad terms. he definitely would screw his life up if he really planned to do that.

they ate in silence again, and were headed back to class in no time.

--

it was soon fifth period. it was math class again. nothing awkward happened during dessert, but hongjoong was still curious about his dream. and what exactly happened, that the two were in that position.

seonghwa soon arrived, followed by the teacher, so hongjoong couldn't ask much. he was really eager to know now, and just like earlier in the morning, his thoughts were full of seonghwa.

now that seonghwa was beside him, it was harder to concentrate than usual. he had the urge to pass him a paper message since they were all the way back in the classroom. he looked around to check that no one was looking at them, and quickly wrote down a note.