♡ 03

"d-don't go,"

hongjoong turned around and caught sight of seonghwa's pained expression. he looked so sad and afraid, his grip on his wrist tightening every second. he was so vulnerable at that moment. 

people who believed the rumors would think that seonghwa looked pitiful, or still even a little intimidating. but to the hongjoong who didn't, he thought that he was… kinda cute.

so hongjoong did as he was told, and sat down at the side of his bed. 

"m-mom… p-please…" seonghwa whimpered, curling himself up into a ball. the grip on hongjoong's wrist was still very tight.

mom? did he have some kind of traumatic experience when he was a kid?

"yes, yes, mom is here, i won't go, i'll always be by your side," hongjoong coaxed, hoping to comfort him a little, despite the fact that seonghwa probably won't hear him. seonghwa continued to whimper, and hongjoong rubbed small circles on his back with his thumb, hoping it would at least soothe him a little.

this went on for almost 40 minutes, and hongjoong was getting tired. seonghwa was still holding tightly onto his wrist. i have no choice. i'll just have to nap beside him. hope he doesn't wake up before i do.

that was what hongjoong thought.

--

"..."

seonghwa opened his eyes, adjusting to the light in the dorm that hongjoong forgotten to turn off. he lifted his hand up to rub his eyes, but found that he couldn't. they were being held down by something. or rather, someone.

hongjoong had his arms around seonghwa, bounding his arms. it was his sleeping habit. hongjoong had always been hugging his large stuffed toy to sleep since young, so it developed into a habit.

seonghwa was confused, but he liked the feeling. he was an only child, and had been alone since young. his parents were workaholics, often working out from early morning to late at night, so there was barely a chance to see each other, or even converse.

he had only been the most in touch with his babysitter. he didn't like her, and always kept to himself. the babysitter didn't bother interacting with him either, letting him do everything on his own.

thus, seonghwa didn't have the ability to express himself, which explains all the weird rumors and bad impressions people had of him. despite all that, he was very independent, which explains the good upbringing of the dorm.

seonghwa then noticed he was interlocking hands with hongjoong. he smiled to himself. how cute.

he slowly pried hongjoong's hand off his body, and went to turn off the lights. then, he laid back down on the bed and turned his body so he was facing hongjoong.

"thank you for not believing the others," seonghwa muttered, and wrapped his arms around hongjoong. he responded by mumbling a few incoherent words and shifting closer into his warm chest.

the two stayed like that until the next day.

hongjoong was the first to wake up. the first thing he saw was seonghwa's chest, which got him very very confused.