♡ 07

♡ - yungi chapter!

i want to cook for you forever, and watch your reactions each time.

i bet i’d never get sick of them.

“this is so good! what are you gonna cook for the next lesson?” hongjoong asked with his mouth full, and seonghwa chuckled. “i don’t know. it’s a surprise,”

“a surprise again? you have so many surprises today,” hongjoong swallowed his food, and gave him a bright smile. seonghwa felt heat rushing to his cheeks. he bit back a smile, awkwardly looking away from hongjoong. he felt as if his heart was going to burst out of his chest anytime too.

--

the next period was a free period, as their literature teacher couldn't make it to class. there was a relief teacher in place of him, but he let them do whatever anyway, since the class was pretty much all caught up.

"hongjoong!" ah, this voice, how stressful.

"yes, mingi," he deadpanned, not looking up at him. it strains his neck too much anyway.

"i heard you and seonghwa are friends now. is that true? it's not just some excuse to-" "i'm good, mingi, really! i promise," hongjoong cut him off, feeling a little annoyed. why did he care about him and seonghwa so much?

"okay, if you say so. that's good, then," mingi then pulled an empty chair next to hongjoong's table and sat backwards on it. hongjoong didn't really care about him and just let him be, and continued reading his literature textbook. the two sat in silence like that.

"h-hongjoong," mingi finally broke the silence.

"what,"

"u-um... what if... you did nothing wrong, but your best friend keeps avoiding you?" mingi's ears turned red, matching the colour of his sweater. his head was hung low when he asked that question.

"w-what?" hongjoong put his book down, placing all his attention on mingi. he raised his brow as mingi let out a frustrated sigh and messed up his hair.

"i did nothing wrong, but he keeps avoiding me! why? his replies are dry, he's using a lot of excuses to avoid seeing me, he's not even starting a conversation with me anymore!" mingi said this all at once, which made hongjoong raise both eyebrows.

"woah, who's the 'he'? yeosang? but you two were talking fine earlier... is it jisung? but you two aren't even close..." hongjoong thought out loud, rubbing his chin as he did so. he obviously knew who the guy was, he was just trying to tease mingi. it was so obvious, that even a fool would know about his crush on yunho. he might even know of it already without having mingi to confess.

"ah, dumbass. help me with this, i'm so hopeless, ah!" mingi let out another frustrated groan, rubbing his head harder.

"you just called me dumbass though,"

"yeah, i was joking around, sorry. please help me," mingi pleaded, clasping his hands together. hongjoong shook his head and sighed, what a dumbass.

"how long has yunho been avoiding you?" hongjoong directly asked, turning his body sideways so that he was facing mingi.

"hey! it's n-not y-yunho," mingi stuttered.