Red Leader

Tord Pov:

Edd, Tom, Matt, and I decided to just chill in the living room, but we aren't really talking. We're all doing our own things, Edd's on his phone and looking at social media, Tom's watching the tele, Matt's playing on his Nintendo Switch (Sponsored what now?), and I'm just dazing off into deep thought.

The doorbell rings and since I'm the only unoccupied one I decide to get up and get it with a simple, "I got it." I open the door and who I see makes my eyes widen, General linton and two of his guards. "What are you doing here?" Edd, Tom, and Matt looks at me and Linton with confusion.

"I've come to talk to you Re-" I smack a hand on his mouth before he can finish the title, he doesn't seem to care.

I turn to my friends and ask them, "Hey um.. guys. Could you all go out somewhere for a bit? I need to talk to these guys in complete privacy, meaning no people in the house but me and them."

Edd, Tom, and Matt look at each other like they're discussing it together in their minds before Edd says, "Sure Tord." They all stand up and walk over to the side of the door and put their shoes on, Linton and I make room for them to walk out the door as Edd says, "We'll be at the arcade, we'll be home in about a hour and a half."

They all get into their red car and drive off, I sigh of relief before stepping aside and saying to General Linton, "Let's make this quick."

"Let's," General Linton says before stepping in with his guards.

Before I let them walk in any further I say, "Hey, take your shoes off, Edds rule after we installed carpet into the house." General Linton sighs and takes his shoes off, motioning his guards to do so as well.

General Linton walks deeper into the living room as he says, "I see you're taking orders from the head of the house now?"

"I've always done that General Linton, he's the guy that bought the house and that means he makes the rules," I respond, slightly offended.

General Linton sits down on the couch and motions toward the sofa chair, "Relax Red Leader, I'm here to discuss some business with you."

"Don't call me that," I walk over to the sofa chair and sit down, I cross my arms tightly. I never liked General Linton, he can be a very evil man if he gets the right amount of power. "Now, why have you come to my house when I've already told you I want nothing to do with the army."

"We heard your friend was found, so we thought there might be a chance you'd be able to-"

"I've already said this General Linton, I lost the thrill for power five years ago when my friend got kidnapped,"

"You didn't lose the thrill Red Leader, you lost the confidence you had to enjoy it! Everyone at the Red Army base knows you still have the deep dark need inside you to control others!"

Linton looks at a guard and says to him, "Cigar." The guard then pulls out a cigar from a box in his pocket and hands it to General Linton.

As the guard helps General Linton light it as I say, "Hey! No smoking in the house!"

General Linton takes a large drag then says with smoke flying out of his nose and mouth, "And let me guess, that's "Edds" rule?"

"Yes! Now put it out before the smoke spreads throughout the house!"

"Poor poor Red Leader," Linton shakes his head as he continues to rudely smoke. "Taking orders from a common British folk, you were never like this before."

"I've changed General Linton, now will you please leave?" I say more as a statement than a question.

He only sighs as he gets up from the couch, "I see you can't be persuaded now Red Leader, it's hard to knock someone out of a life they've been forced into for five years," Linton puts his cigar out on his glove. "I'll come back in a week or two to discuss this again, I'll have more reasons for you to come back then."

"What ever you say won't change my decision General Linton, now leave," Linton stares at me for a few seconds before putting his shoes on and heading out the door with his guards right behind him.

They climb into a red jeep and drive off, I sigh of relief as I watch them go farther and farther away from the house.

Good talk, General Linton.

Third Person Pov:

Little did Tord know, Tom hadn't left...

Tom had a bad feeling about General Linton, so he decided to listen in. He told Edd he was staying home because "He had anxiety about going", which Edd nodded to and left with Matt without him.

Tom then snook back inside the house by the back door and hid behind a wall to listen in. What the conversation was about left him flabbergasted and unsure about everything.

When Tord sat down on the couch and turned on the tele, Tom decided to snoop in Tords room to look around, he had become very curious when he returned home.

He doesn't realize that "Curiosity killed the cat" as people say. He's sure to get in trouble if Tord finds out he's snooping, but he doesn't seem to think of consequences anymore.

Tom looks around the room thoroughly, he wants to find something that has to do with the conversation. He looked under the bed, no. He looked in the closet, no. He even looked in the dirty laundry, nope.

He was beginning to give up, until he spots that the wall further in the room doesn't seem to be fully connected to the floor, it looks like you could open the wall if you pull it up hard enough, so that's exactly what Tom tries to do.

He tries to do it for a full ten minutes before realizing there's probably a switch somewhere that opens the wall, he quietly says to himself, "Idiot." He begins to search the room for a switch or lever of some sort.

When he thinks he looked everywhere, he sighs and thinks, "Maybe the wall was just made that wa-" when he leans against the wall, Tords picture of himself falls on to the floor, Tom didn't notice it there.

He turns around to face the wall, to see there's another picture with a menacing button picture, which almost tricks him into pushing the fake button, before he pulls that picture off as well. Then appears a lever with a odd logo of sorts on the wall behind it.

He then pulls the lever with no hesitation, the wall then opens up and Tom lightly gasps when he sees the secret lab of weapons and different buttons surrounding the area inside.

But what catches his attention is the big red button in the middle of the lab, the redness of it only shows it's important. As Tom walks into the lab, he becomes so so so SO curious of what it could do, to the point he actually decides to press it.

He walks up to the button and goes to press it, but his wrist is suddenly grabbed by someone with a red sleeve...