The Television Message

Tord Pov:

Five days, still no sign of Edd or Matt. They probably rented a hotel together and are staying there until they run out of money. I know I should be mad at Tom, but he's all I have right now...

Tom and I are just sitting down on the couch in complete silence, so when Tom says, "He's watching us you know..." I flinch and look at him.

"Who's watching us?" I ask.

"You know who I'm talking about," Tom turns his head to me, he has such a dead look, it's as if he's already shot himself...

"Tom..." I lean over to his face to kiss him, but he turns his head before I can. I look down and sit back against the couch, Tom then looks to the floor.

"If I disappear one day, it's because I'm dead," I look at Tom with a confused look. "He's after me, I've failed him.. I was supposed to be his successful project, but I failed." Tom looks to me with a look that shows no fear, but really it has no emotion for that matter, he then looks away again. "Even if he does hear me spilling secrets now, I'm dead either way."

"Then.." Tom looks at me. "What is his name?"

Tom quickly looks away again, "I..." Tom goes quiet.

"You said whatever you say doesn't matter, so why won't you tell me now?" Tom looks back to me with a unsure look on his face before turning away again.

"Toby Lee.. Toby Lee Jenson..." Tom hesitantly whispers and my eyes widen. "He's kidnapped five people so far, he's kept them for five years each... But all his projects failed him, he says he torments all the failures until he kills them or they kill themselves..."

I take his hands and say, "I won't let that happen!" Tom looks at me.

"You can't promise that," I flinch and Tom turns away again, I look to the floor.

"Tom I-" Suddenly the television turns on, I look at it in confusion while Tom doesn't seem very surprised. Someone with a completely black figure appears on the screen, all we can see is the white glass to his glasses. "Is that..."

"Yes, yes it is," Tom replies.

The man's voice is made distorted as he says, "This is a video recording, meaning you can not respond to me and I won't hear your screams," Why would we scream from a video? "I have told you everything you needed to know Thomas, but most of what you know you have figured out on your own by my choice of words or when you'd snoop around without permission. You've caught me on several lies, I thought you'd be the one to succeed since you're so very smart and you have so much curiosity," It's weird, I can see the white of his smile as he continues to speak. "But as they say Thomas..." He adjusts his glasses by pushing them up as I see his smile grow. "Curiosity killed the Daring Cat,"

Tom snickers, so I look at him and ask, "What's so funny?"

"It's just funny how at times like this, he'd still call me his Daring Cat," Tom says and I look at him with my mouth slightly gaped and my eyebrows only slightly furrowed, what the hell does he mean?

The man then continues, "You were always my favorite Thomas," I can see Tom's face suddenly go dark.

"A choice," Tom says and I look at him.

"Wha-"

"That's why I'm going to give you a choice," the man on the television says, I look at Tom with only my eyes, he's giving the tv a glare like he's actually there. "I have your friends," I spin my head toward the tv, Edd and Matt?! "Here are your options Thomas,"

Somehow Thomas and the man say this at the same time, "I am willing to set you free, but it'll cost your friends. So the choices are simple, save yourself and live your life with your new found lover or hand yourself over to me and save your friends."

"I will give you three days to make up your decision, you know how to contact me Thomas," the man says, then suddenly the screen turns to static.

"Tom-" before I can finish, Tom stands up and walks to the kitchen. This confuses me until he comes back with a bat, why does he- Tom suddenly smashes the television screen. "Tom! What are you!-"

"Shut up!" Tom says and hits the television on to the floor, he begins to continuously hit it with the bat until it's dented everywhere and already completely broken.

But when Tom continues to hit the television and begins to scream, "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" in a chant as he hits it, I decide to stand up and stop him.

I try to grab the bat to stop him, "Tom-"

"SHUT UP!!" Tom screams and swings the bat at me, but I grab his wrist swiftly to stop him. Tom then hits my chest pretty weakly, like he's trying to fight me but also doesn't want to. "Sh-shut up... now..."

Tom goes to fall down, but I lean down and catch him in my arms, after a few seconds he begins to sob hysterically, "It's going to be okay Tom.. I'm here for you..."

Tom is silent for a while before he says, "The second they walked out the door, I knew they were in danger." He looks up at me with tears in his eyes. "My Mas-.. This man.. isn't just a man, he is a monster who will do anything in his power to destroy me, emotionally and physically... I know him like the back of my hand." Tom looks back down and tears slide down his cheeks.

I'm quiet for a while before coming out with a idea... a idea I was hoping I'd never have to come to using... "You said he's always listening, correct?" Tom looks at up at me and slowly nods. "I have a plan, but you'll just need to trust me on it and not ask any questions, or he'll find out what I'm doing."

"What are you-"

"Shhh," I help Tom stand up and begin walking to the front door. "Come on." We're going to be taking a looong drive.