Up to Something

Tord Pov:

Edd walks into the living room with a huge smile on his face and says, "Hey guys so I have something amazing to tell you all! I've been waiting until it was the right time and I feel it's good to say it sooner than later."

"What is it Edd?" I ask as everyone looks at Edd in anticipation. "It must be good if you have that big of a smile on your face."

"I got a girlfriend!" Edd says and everyone in the room claps and makes celebratory noises. "Her name is Angelina and she's super sweet and beautiful."

"You have to show us pictures!" I say to Edd with a smile.

"Everyone get on the couch, I'll show you pictures of her on my phone!" Edd says and Tom, Matt, and I all sit on the couch while Edd leans over us from the back of the couch to show us the pictures.

After a few pictures I say, "Wow she's beautiful Edd."

"I know right?! We're going on a date tonight actually," Edd responds and we make more celebratory noises.

"Well since we're saying good things that are happening, tonight I actually have a job interview at the hospital," Matt says and we all clap for him.

"You're quitting your makeup artist job? But you always loved that job!" Edd asks Matt.

"Yeah, well the hospital pays more haha," Matt responds to Edd.

"I'm glad you're putting your nursing degree to good use Matt," I say with a smile. "It took you long enough."

"So does that mean that both Edd and Matt are out tonight?" Tom asks, which makes me nervous.

"I guess so," Edd says, I hope Tom isn't planning anything... You know what, I'll just go out somewhere tonight too for a few hours, but where- I got it!

"Actually I'm going out tonight too, I met this girl the other day while shopping and we were going to go grab a few drinks." I know Tom knows I'm lying, but he also definitely knows why I'm lying.

"That's good, hopefully it'll get your mind off other.. things," Edd says to me and motions with his eyes toward Tom.

"Yeah, definitely Edd," I say then look to Tom; he has a smile on his face, but it looks far too happy to me, he's planning something... but what?

Tom Pov:
*Later*

"We're leaving now," Edd says to me on behalf of Matt and him.

"I'm also heading out," Tord says as he sticks his hands in his pockets.

"Alright bye guys, I'm just going to go to bed early, I have nothing better to do anyway," I respond to Edd and Tord, Tord looks at me with a suspicious look, he knows I'm up to something.. and he's correct.

"Cya!" Edd says as Tord, Matt, and him walk out the door, time to sprint into action.

I run to the door to the garage where the car is and I silently climb into the trunk of the car, from my knowledge- Edd is going to drop Matt off at the hospital for his job interview then leave for his date, all I have to do is stay in the car until the end of the date and when Edd drops his girlfriend off at home, luckily her house isn't far from ours so after I'm done doing what I need to do, I can just walk home and sneak back inside, it'll probably be midnight by then so everyone should be asleep.

Let's just hope I can do this smoothly...

Tord Pov:
*10:00 PM*

I look down at the bar counter in deep thought.. Tom couldn't possibly just be going to bed, I know he's up to something.. he has to be up to something! But what?! What could it be?! I hold my forehead and take a stressed sigh, five years ago I could figure him out so easily, what happened?

"Can I sit here?" I hear a feminine voice say, so I lift my head up to look at who's talking to me, it's a girl and she strangely looks a lot like Edd's girlfriend, but I can tell it isn't her by the color of her eyes. She has strawberry blond hair, perfect peach skin, and bright blue eyes while Edd's girlfriend is the same except for the fact that she has green eyes.

"Uh.. yeah sure," I say and look down at my regular sized glass of beer, I don't even know if I can drink this with all this with these thoughts in my head, it'd probably make me even more paranoid.

The girl sits next to me and holds her hand out, "I'm Christine, you?"

I'm really not in the mood to talk but I don't want to be rude, so I reply, "I'm Tord." and shake her hand. She pulls her hand back and uses it to move some hair in her face to behind her ear.

"Just out of curiously, what's your accent? If you don't mind me asking of course,"

"Uh.. Norwegian, I moved here when I was 8 but I still got a accent from back in Norway," I look back down at my glass of beer; I want to drink it, but I also just don't have the energy.

"That's cool," a long silence comes between us before she says, "You seem to have a lot of your mind, do you want to talk about it?" I flinch, I can't tell a stranger these things, she'd get freaked out. But I guess I can just say some old stuff that was bothering me..

"Well a Old Friend of mine was recently found after being kidnapped, he was gone for five years and our whole friend group is still trying to adjust," I rim the top of the glass with my finger for really no reason.

"Oh that's terrible! Is he okay?"

"Physically yes, but what's making this all hard is his mental state. He isn't normal, he's become twisted and delusional... Which one of our friends believes he's been brainwashed, but if I were to say that he's insane then I'd probably get kicked out of the house for good," Shit I said far too much didn't I...

"That sounds hard, it really does," Christine rests his arms on the bar counter in a crossed position. "But the fact that you caught it and no one else has, is honestly quite impressive in my opinion."

"Well I've been known to overthink and when I overthink I always seem to come up with what's really going on, but I only recently found out something really wrong a few days ago..."

"What happened?" I can't tell her what happened, it'd scare her.

"I rather not talk about it,"

"I understand, it probably scared you after all,"

"How'd you guess?"

"People not in the right mind can be scary, I know that from experience,"

I smile and say, "You know, I like you."

"I like you too,"