The Captor

Tom Pov:

I wake up with my body freezing cold, I'm naked and my wrists and ankles are chained to the wall, back in the basement... It still smells of rotting flesh and cigarette smoke.

"You're awake," Toby says, he always seems to know, even if my eyes are closed. "Did you sleep good?"

"What do you think?" I ask with no emotion in my voice, I keep my eyes closed though, I don't want to look at him. "Did you deliver my friends?"

"Yes, they are safe and in your lovers care," I hear Toby stand up in his office chair and walk over to me, he bends down to me. "Look at me."

I want to retort, but I know he'd force me, so I open my eyes and lift my head to look at him. He has very dark ginger hair, dark green eyes, shiny glasses, and a eyebrow piercing. He's looking at me with a expressionless face, I don't know what that face means anymore.

"What does that look mean? Are you upset with me?" I ask, returning the look.

"I've never felt love before Thomas," Toby says and stands up straight, he walks back over to his office chair and sits down on it. "Not for my mother, or father, or any girl in my school," He lights a cigarette and takes a puff. "And I thought I'd never feel love in my life..." Where the hell is he going with this? "That is until I saw you at the bar, five years ago."

"You don't love me, and if you do you have a twisted idea of-"

"Tell me Thomas," Toby interrupts me. "Before I kidnapped you, did you ever feel love for someone so strong that you wish you could just keep them forever in your arms?"

"I..." I look down and think before realizing I really forgot. "I don't know.. I don't remember much from before you kidnapped me."

"Nothing? No memories of love?"

"It's only a distant feeling, I only started to feel it the night Tord treated me normally and-"

"Enough! Enough about your lover, I want to hear about you,"

"If you did love me you wouldn't treat me so cruelly for five years. You wouldn't chain me up and hurt me until I don't feel pain anymore, you wouldn't make me believe I'm worthless and I should just die if I don't have someone to look after me, and you especially wouldn't kidnapped the people who were there for me when you let me go naked into the streets with no idea where I am or who I am!"

Suddenly I feel a slap to my cheek, a hard one. Toby then screams, "Shut up!" I go quiet and lower my head. "Maybe I do have a twisted idea of love, but it doesn't mean I don't love you anyway."

"You love me as a slave, a mindless slave that obeys your every command," I look to the floor with squinted eyes. "Some people might call it kinky, but it's just sick to me." Toby goes to slap me again but when I say, "Go ahead, beat me to a pulp, show how much you "love" me bastard!" he lowers his hand and just takes another puff from his cigarette as he turns away from me.

"I only did all that to you because I didn't know what the feeling was, so I wanted to destroy it by tormenting you psychologically and physically until you want to die, but the feeling never went away," He bends his cigarette by holding it to hard, he seems stressed. "In fact, whenever I saw you making love to that Norwegian fuck I got so jealous that I wanted to shoot him in the head, but the fact that you chose him made me unable to since I had put the idea into your head that you had the choice of your master."

"Then why did you send me out to do my mission if you didn't want me being fucked by another person? It was only a matter of time before I did it, you said yourself that it was the best way to lure someone in-"

"Because that's the whole point of this goddamn experiment! It's to see if you can brainwash someone so much that it'll make them become a mastermind! I've done this five times and all of them failed! I was so sure you were going to be the one to succeed because you learned how to do things so fast and you were so observant and curious! That's part of the reason I only fell in love with you more! It's because you were so good at the job! I sincerely thought you were going to be the success I needed!"

"Well I think I was successful, you know why?"

"Why Thomas,"

"Because I know you better than you know yourself, and you were supposed to be the one who knows everything. I did so much to accomplish the goal you had for me while you only watched me on your computer, you're just a coward who knows how to get into people's heads. If anything, I beat your experiment the right way and not the way you only thought was right."

When Toby turns around, I expect him to start beating the hell put of me, but instead he falls on to his knees and grabs my shoulders, he then pulls me into a kiss which causes my eyes to widen.

What the hell is he doing?! This is disgusting!! Ew ew ew!! I know if I fight back it won't do me any good, so I have to just endure this... At least he isn't using tongue...

Toby pulls back and I can see blush on his face, he's giving a look of love while I give him a disgusted look. Goddamnit I think he does love me...

Toby's face goes dark like he's upset, "Now I know.. I really do love you Thomas..."

I turn my head to look away from him, I say, "Well I don't love you, and that won't change, ever."

His grip on my shoulders tightens and I see a dark look on his face, "Well then I won't kill you, but I will make you unable to escape me and unable to contact anyone."

"And how will you do that?" I ask and he lets go of my shoulders, he walks over to his chemical box... What is he planning? He pulls out a purple chemical in a large tube, he walks back over to me and I actually start to become scared. "Wh-what are you doing?"

"Something I should've done right when I brought you back," Toby says and grabs my hair, I quickly shut my eyes in fear. "Open your eyes now Thomas."

"What are you!-" Suddenly he grabs my throat and pushes me up against the wall by my throat, I let my eyes open in surprise and I start to lose the ability to breath.

He starts to pour the chemical into my eyes and it burns them so much that I lose my sight and I scream bloody murder. "I'll make you blind just so you'll never be able to try to escape again Thomas, you'll regret not loving me back." He ends up pouring so much of the chemical that my vision goes black and I continue to scream. "Shut up!" He tightens the grip on my throat and I begin to lose consciousness from the pain and lack of air, I then pass out.