the fading tree pt. 1

The way the leaves live has infinitely captured my mind. Such vibrance from a delicate being, one that's too afraid to be cold, ever so joyous to be held by warmth. Colors, what a delicacy! Imagine, the pigments we see so limited, the possibilities are endless. And as they change, they fade, all the more alluring. What wondrous creatures, full of life to give, until they can't feel the warmth any longer. It begins slowly, drifting downward until a blanket of its own is laid about in a fervorous contempt.

And loneliness, so utterly alone amongst the color and abundance. An image that is, something so exquisite concealing its secrets for none to be known.

That's how it ends.

Of course, I was dubious, a clumsy addition to the equation. How I had been blind to the inadequacies in my own perception. Oh, which direction to go! West, the homely manner to which captivates all sense of allied force, or the East, with my name written in each corner of existence.

Which way to go, indeed.

I still find it interesting, however, that I let such disgusting acts against characters bleed. The redness bled into the lovely blue penetrating the soul, however common ground was not what was found. Distilled, vile, fighting. The creatures refuse to blend, to breathe: to let me view peace. It cannot be an answer, it says, for it was never a question from the beginning. And of course, they are right, the colors never lie.

Just you did.