the little green vase pt. 3

On most occasions, we accept our fate of disappearance. I suppose we imagine that we are of such little importance, regardless of how frustrating we appeal to that notion.

    I remember what you had told me some years ago, "There is a point in time where we can't feel regret anymore." Sometimes, I can tell you took your own advice. Of course, it's mundane to hold onto fantasies, but isn't that what inspires hope? Then there is the question: what is hope in the first place?

    HOPE: verb, want something to happen or be the case

    This reminds me of a story. A missing person report had once been filed, of a man no one knew of. He was simply the wind, but that had not been interpreted just yet. The people recognized him as a fading image, the only reason why he was released. I found it interesting, however, that this fader held no hope. He knew what his case was, he was proud to some extent. The wind brought him the news from the world, the inspiration that no one had taken. He smiled, as simple as that, and said, "I know, even though they never will."

    It's almost ironic that you will never know, either. Those first few scars were just the tip of something greater, but I think you knew to some extent.

    While I hated yellow, you loved it. In contrast, I loved myself when you didn't.