8 death

The two of them stared at each other in the eyes; Wonwoo looking up to catch Mingyu's height, smiling, glad that he got to meet him again; Mingyu staying composed, expressionless, stiff, looking down at the boy sitting on the bed. Despite Mingyu's tough appearance, questions were still lingering on his head about this particular boy, so was the foreign feeling that had been staying inside of him for nights. On the other side, Wonwoo just stood there silently, admiring someone he always longed to see all day, feeling a burst of joy that he finally got to the time to meet him again.

"Can you... perhaps return my hello?" Wonwoo blurted, not knowing what had possessed him to do so. He almost cursed to himself but did the otherwise as he knew there was nothing to lose asking for a simple hello back. Yes, especially from a grim reaper.

"Why are you so strange?" Mingyu responded coldly, with his usual monotonous tone, didn't giving any chance of greeting the boy back.

Wonwoo just shrugged, not sure what to answer. "No mortals before were dare speak to me; let alone asking back for a human greeting," Mingyu continued. "I just do not understand." Wonwoo seemed to notice a bit of difference—a very little bit in his speaking tone. He could hear somewhat of a confusion. Each passing night got weirder to Mingyu. Everything around Wonwoo to him was somehow familiar, especially the name he called him as: Mingyu. "Not to mention your glad expression upon meeting me."

The boy stayed silent, contemplating on what to response. He looked down, away from the sharp staring eyes from his grim reaper, though he didn't feel any scared at all as those sharp eyes were the eyes that Wonwoo was still curious of their real colors. He exhaled before finding something to answer. "I kind of have this feeling of admiration towards you," he confessed truthfully, though taken a bit aback by his own action saying that out loud.

"What is this again, mortal?" Mingyu responded, slightly losing his composure even more as he could sense his own voice containing a bit of anger and confusion. That was what could be heard from his voice. Deep down, he felt really confused, again and again, more and more, as the very same weird feeling start to take over his body.

"I—" Wonwoo stuttered. "I... don't believe at love at the first sight as I haven't experienced one," he explained. "But I think this is it. It's you for me."

And that was it. Wonwoo felt like a creep: crushing on a grim reaper alone is a total horror and bizarre, but what he did was just confessing to the said existence. He told himself he couldn't be crazier than this. On the other side, Mingyu felt attacked. His body suddenly felt heavy. His eyes were opened widely, getting a confused response from Wonwoo.

Love... at first sight?

Mingyu thought to himself. He cursed internally, with languages probably only grim angels knew, as he could feel himself in pain. Pain, another foreign thing for Mingyu the grim reaper.

"Mingyu?" Wonwoo asked in confusion as he could see Mingyu froze in his place.

Love at first sight? Mingyu?

He kept repeating those words in his head, asking over and over again why those words sound very familiar. He was terribly overwhelmed by the condition and he started to have a hard time maintaining his remaining composure.

"AAH!" Mingyu screamed in pain as the words resounded again in his head. He looked away from the boy, to the floor, with eyes still wide open. A 'thud' sound could be heard echoing the room as Mingyu fell down to the floor on all-four, one hand immediately slamming his chest a few times, feeling a severe amount of pain that he had never felt before. Suddenly, there could be heard loud pants from him, sending Wonwoo both worried and confused. He didn't understand even a thing of what was happening.

"What are you doing to me, mortal?" Mingyu looked back up to meet Wonwoo's eyes. Anger could be heard clearly from his tone. Long gone had that monotonous tone and expressionless face of him.

"I—"

Wonwoo was cut off by Mingyu's scream of pain again, piercing his eyes that he wanted to cover them so bad in advance. Mingyu's breathing got even worse; Wonwoo could see clearly Mingyu's chest going up and down every passing seconds as the grim reaper was on the floor on his knees. Mingyu had his both hands holding his chest, trying to get rid of the pain in his chest, stabbing every right and there.

Wonwoo reached his hand to touch Mingyu, but the difference of their dimension clearly limited their possible physical contact. "Mingyu, just what's happening?!" he started to lose himself to the situation as he questioned a bit loudly.

"DON'T CALL ME BY THAT NAME—AAH!" It was the total opposite of the Mingyu Wonwoo knew the first night they met and the other coming nights. Mingyu shouted at him, full of anger, full of hatred, as if Wonwoo was his archenemy from the other world, chasing him everywhere just to take a vengeance. Mingyu could feel his whole body throbbing, from head to toe. He moved away his hands from his chest as he grabbed his badly throbbing head in frustration, creating a mess on his dark brown hair. Soon, he was too overwhelmed that he feel back on all four, still unsteadily panting hard.

"Mingyu!"

"STOP IT!" Again he shouted as the pain felt greater. A sudden image of memory flashed in Mingyu's head, adding more suffering to the pain he had already been feeling. What is it now? Mingyu asked himself as he could portray a little kid who looked like a young version of him in his head, sitting behind a high table, in an ice cream shop. WHAT IS IT NOW THAT I'M SEEING?!

"Min—"

"Wonwoo...?"

And in a blink of eye, the room where Wonwoo was in suddenly turned silent. As he flinched, shuddering at a familiar voice calling him, Mingyu, who was supposed to be down there, suddenly disappeared, like a shadow illuminated by light. He froze in his place. The shouts and screams and pants from before suddenly disappeared just like that, leaving him again in the silence as the voice continued, "You okay...?"

Wonwoo slowly turned his head to the door, where the voice was coming from. He saw Soonyoung standing right there, already inside the room, about to close the door. He breathed in heavily, trying to compose himself after all the shocking things happening. "H-hi, Soonyoung," he greeted stutteringly.

Wonwoo could see a confused look that Soonyoung was giving him. And Wonwoo was sure that he was giving him a terrified and confused look too. Heck, even Wonwoo for a bit forgot that he was waiting for Soonyoung to come. It was all because of Mingyu and the sudden shocking events happening just now. Soonyoung slowly stepped closer to him with his still confused face. "Were you... talking to someone?" Soonyoung asked, making Wonwoo widened his eyes, surprised, totally knowing nothing of what to do. "I knocked and opened the door before but you didn't notice me... and you were like... calling for someone's name a bit loud a few times?" Soonyoung shivered at the words. What could it be? Wonwoo talking to ghosts and stuffs?

Wonwoo exhaled deeply, trying to calm down his face as he patted the bed part next to him, gesturing Soonyoung to sit down there. Soonyoung hesitantly obeyed and was suddenly given a hug from Wonwoo. He hugged him back quickly, probably because of the shiver that still wasn't fading. With this now, Wonwoo knew he had no chance but to tell Soonyoung everything.

---

I'm not kidding when i said i have no life--well, here is another chapter because of it, though it's bit shorter than usual i guess, still i hope you guys like it! Thank you for you guys who are still reading up to this point I'm genuinely happy because of you uwu take my loves and hearts <3 <3 <3