9 brings

"Good morning!" The usual kind morning greeting could be heard throughout Wonwoo's room. It was Nurse Choi, as usual, coming in early to deliver breakfast. "Oh, is it Soonyoung?" she said as she started to get closer to the dresser on which she usually put the tray of breakfast. Since their friends often came to visit, Nurse Choi became somewhat familiar with them, though sometimes she couldn't remember their names completely—especially Jihoon; Jimin, Jiwon, Jiyoon, Jikwon, Jisung, she somehow only remembered the 'Ji' part before Jihoon reintroduced himself.

"Good morning, Nurse Choi!" he greeted back cheerfully. Wonwoo smiled at her and bowed a bit from his position.

"Aren't you supposed to be going to school, perhaps?" Nurse Choi asked the boy again with her usual kind and soft tone. Yep, it was already Monday again.

Soonyoung shook his head. "I want to give Wonwoo some company since her sister couldn't be here," he answered. Wonwoo just smiled to his answer.

Nurse Choi just nodded a few times. "Anyway, Wonwoo, don't forget today will be held another examinations and tests for you," she reminded, getting a surprised expression from Wonwoo as a response.

"It's today?" Wonwoo asked back in a bit of unsureness. "I guess my sister also forgot about this one. Thank you for reminding, Nurse Choi."

Nurse Choi nodded and bowed politely. "I'll let you know if the tests are coming. But for now, please excuse me." She smiled the last time before going out of the room.

Soonyoung went around the bed to the other side, the side that had the dresser, and slowly handed the tray to Wonwoo, gently putting in on his blanket-covered laps. Wonwoo muttered a slow but sincere thank you while offering him to share but Soonyoung rejected it and said it was totally fine. He didn't feel like eating hospital food either—not that it was bad, but just that. Soonyoung ended up asking what kind of tests Nurse Choi mentioned about were. Unfortunately, Wonwoo didn't know for sure either. He just explained that the hospital staffs would take him somewhere, putting him to sleep, and then the tests just finished like that, with him finding himself waking up on his usual bed right there in the room. Soonyoung just muttered 'weird' in response but he couldn't care less anyway. Wonwoo asked if maybe Soonyoung could stay here until Wonwoo's tests and the other gladly agreed.

"I think I'm gonna buy some bread in the convenient store," Soonyoung said as he stood up from the bed after listening to Wonwoo's explanation. "Do you want me to buy you something?"

"Umm... No?"

Soonyoung went to get his red hoodie from the stool on the other side of the bed again. "You sure?" he asked as he put on his hoodie over his brown t-shirt.

"... Yes?"

"What about milk?"

"Umm..."

"Strawberry milk?"

"Fine. I give up."

Soonyoung laughed at that. He knew very well that Wonwoo couldn't resist his favorite drinks combined his favorite flavor. Soonyoung waved him goodbye before disappearing, leaving Wonwoo alone to finish his breakfast. In advance, Soonyoung had told the other two people in their group, Jun and Jihoon, that he wasn't going to school because of reasons he was way too lazy to explain. But for now, he just mentioned that he was giving Wonwoo some company in place of his sister and didn't feel like going to school. Of course Jun questioned why Wonwoo didn't ask anything about the boy as well but when he answered that Soonyoung came like late in the night, both Jun and Jihoon immediately knew what the matter was, letting Jun realize why Soonyoung called him seven times in a row last midnight.

Yes, last night. The night when Soonyoung knew everything that had been happening to Wonwoo. Wonwoo basically told him everything, from the very first night, the night he got told his time was coming, and the shouts and screams from last night that were only audible to Wonwoo himself despite the fact that his ears hurt so much because of Mingyu's growls of pain—yes, to tell him that, Wonwoo had to start from how he developed what he referred as 'love at first sight' toward Mingyu to Soonyoung. Soonyoung couldn't help but crying last night, learning that his pretty much best friend will be going soon—he believed that. The boy ended up hugging Wonwoo tightly, very tightly that it was the first hug Wonwoo had felt that tight. He constantly sobbed to Wonwoo's shoulder, continuously muttering 'don't leave us'-s, until he cried himself to sleep. Wonwoo returned the hug all along, trying to calm everything down as he felt bad himself. He knew he was dying, but as he said, if he was dying, than that was it. He cried along with Soonyoung, yet silently; his tears running down his cheeks, reflecting some of the moonlights that hit him. The two of them then slept side by side, after Wonwoo struggled to position Soonyoung to the same position as him. He shared the blanket, but hoping Soonyoung wouldn't cause any more harm to his fracture as he placed the boy's head on his shoulder.

Even this morning, Wonwoo could clearly see the tad sad expression on his friend's face. His eyes were still red because of the long cry, yet it had gotten better when Nurse Choi came to deliver the breakfast. Looking at Soonyoung's response prior to knowing Wonwoo's truth, Wonwoo asked Soonyoung to just keep this a secret to the other two friends of them, and possibly his sister—at least until he was ready to tell them himself. Soonyoung agreed with a sad smile as he hugged Wonwoo once again, just a second before Nurse Choi came in earlier. Before continuing his breakfast, Wonwoo took his phone to let her sister know—or reminding her about his upcoming examinations.

Me
Noona
It seems like you forgot but todays is also my examination day
Dont worry because soonyoung is here to give me some company
Have a nice day in tokyo noona!

------===(------)===------

"Are you sure this will be just fine?" Soonyoung asked.

Wonwoo shrugged. "I don't know," he answered shortly with a pause before continuing. "As long as you didn't attract my attention away, he won't disappear." It was already late in the night again, 00.40 am to be precise. Wonwoo was in his usual position while Soonyoung was sitting on the stool positioned at where Eunmyun usually slept. And now, Wonwoo was waiting for Mingyu to come like every night, but now since Soonyoung had been told everything, he believed it would be okay.

It was already Tuesday, right, so Soonyoung should be going to school later in the morning. But he begged his friend if he could stay. Soon after he accompanied Wonwoo having his medical checks, waiting for Wonwoo to wake up, he rushed his way to his house, taking books, uniforms, and stuffs silently, scared if his parents found him. He had ignored their calls for the past hours and even blocked the messages because he was literally enough with all of these. Before he went out of his room again from the window, he left a note that he wouldn't want to go back after everything between his parents had been settled; reunite or part, he couldn't careless, as long as he still could have his so-called 'home' back.

Wonwoo's medical check-ups went just like that, a few hours, but possibly took a longer time than previous examinations. His doctor said that the result would be out in a few days, something Wonwoo was okay with since he wanted her sister to know directly from the doctor too. Wonwoo already had two examinations before this last one and his sister was usually the one getting the results directly from the doctor; she told him afterward.

After the examinations, Wonwoo found himself woke up in his room as usual, but with Jihoon, Jun, and Soonyoung playing some card games on the floor. They laughed every now and then but stopped right away as they heard Wonwoo's grunts. Jihoon then offered if Soonyoung wanted to stay at his place instead, but Soonyoung kindly refused; he wanted to accompany Wonwoo for some more time, being the only one knowing that their dear friend was dying.

"Is he there yet?" Soonyoung asked his friend as he looked to the corner, the place Wonwoo told him where Mingyu would usually appear, although knowing very well that he wouldn't possibly be able to see him.

Wonwoo looked down to glance on his phone. 00.46 am. "Nope," he simply responded. "But he should be here anytime soon."

So they waited and waited. But not even after fifteen minutes, Wonwoo could hear a loud yawn from Soonyoung. He chuckled at that, though his mind was still buzzing with thoughts why Mingyu wasn't there yet. Soonyoung slowly bend his body and put his arms on the bed, resting his head on them. "I'm gonna sleep now, Won," his words were muffled. Wonwoo just answered kindly as he patted Soonyoung's head out of nothing, not that Soonyoung was bothered with that.

And he continued waiting.

1 hour.

2 hours.

It was already 3 but there was no sign of Mingyu appearing. Wonwoo sighed in disappointment before trying to lie his body down beneath his blanket.

---

SLJABSAKJSJK the sad parT IS COMING IDK WHY AM I EVEN CRYING OVER THIS SHT I WROTE MYSELF i'm so shameless--but well okay enjoy i hope you like it since this is not a cLIFfhanGEr. So anyway, as usual I would like to thank you all for supporting my book uwu <3 I hope you guys enjoy it so far and keep supporting me! You guys are the bezt I love you so muuuch~ See you in the next chapter (idk tonight maybe or)