Epilogue

Jun, Jihoon, and Soonyoung walked in some open place, accompanied by the timid sunlight along with cool morning breeze. They were paying a visit to their best friend, or should I say, late best friend, no other than Jeon Wonwoo, who happened to pass away a few weeks ago. The cause of death were really unknown, as the hospital themselves wasn't very sure how that could happen. They just said simply, his heart stopped beating, stopped pumping blood over all of his body. Wonwoo was found lifeless, in his usual sitting position, with head rest to the back.

Surprisingly, Jihoon was the one to find this the hardest, although not being the closest person to Wonwoo compared to his other friends. It was probably the biggest loss he had ever experienced in his life, and he still couldn't get over it. He would be over sensitive when Wonwoo's name was mentioned, or even just something related to him, like strawberry-flavored milk. It had been a few weeks, but Jihoon still couldn't control his tears from falling every time they were paying a visit, to which Soonyoung and Jun had to give him a comforting hug to prevent him from breaking down.

In his head, Jihoon could still replay the event, the day when he received the strange messages from Wonwoo. He still didn't understand—nor did everyone. It was as if Wonwoo knew he would die, but he didn't commit suicide.

------===(------)===------

It was just a usual school day, for Jihoon, Soonyoung, and Jun, and as well as the other students as well. Teacher Song was writing some math problems on the board. She was apparently also the homeroom teacher for Jun and Wonwoo, and Jun found it really comfortable because he could converse about anything to her in Chinese; Teacher Song was also from China. Jihoon and Soonyoung was seated next to each other, taking notes, copying what was written on the board. Jun was doing the same, across their tables, but his seatmate wasn't there as Wonwoo had been hospitalized for weeks.

It was just a usual school day, until Jihoon decided to sneak a peek to his buzzing phone, seeing messages from Wonwoo.

Wonwoo
Guys
I wanna say that im so grateful to have friends like you guys
Really it has been a blessing that i go to the same high school as you guys

Me
... wonwoo whats wrong?

Wonwoo
Im sorry i couldnt keep our promise
But promise me something ok?
You guys live on and find your own happiness

Me
Wonwoo!
Seriously whats wrong!!!
Youre scaring me!

Jihoon was terrified by the messages he just read. Those were so weird and so out-of-nothing and seemed like Wonwoo was welcoming death itself. Jihoon couldn't think of anything besides Wonwoo attempting suicide, because what else? But the question was, why would he do that? Why would he wanted to leave? Leave his best friends? Jihoon felt his head getting heavy as water started to fill his eyes. He blinked and shook his head hard, looking down, with Teacher Song still writing at the board, fortunately.

Wonwoo
Ill be watching over you guys and i dont want to see you guys crying over me
Again thank you
My wingless angels
Wen Junhui, Kwon Soonyoung, Lee Jihoon

Me
WONWOO!!!
DEAR GOD WHATS HAPPENING TO YOU
WONWOO ANSWER ME
WONWOOOOOOOO!!!

Soonyoung
Wonwoo...

Jihoon didn't realize Soonyoung was also on his phone until he saw the message. He again resisted his tears from falling harder than he had ever done in his life. This was way more tear-jerking than every sad films he had ever watch with his best friends in the cinema. Slowly, he looked up from his phone, finding Soonyoung looking down on his phone, with his cheeks wet, tears running down on them. Soonyoung didn't bother to wipe them; he just let them fell to his phone screen. His lips were clearly shaking, Jihoon could clearly see that.