16 reunites

Jeonghan and Seungcheol Hyung...

I wonder how they are doing now.

I remember them, of course,

as I met them around a year ago.

They were already married and had adopted a little boy.

I paid them a visit,

while doing my previous job...

...

...

...

to take the their kid's life.

I was emotionless back then but to think of it now, it really pains my heart...

If only there was another way...

But I know they will be living their live happily,

Just like us.

Though I'm not sure if 'living' even fits in this context of us.

Wonwoo,

Ever since the day I saw you swimming in sorrow,

I can't seem to stop hoping to see you again.

I learned just now that was the day when your mother was diagnosed with the cancer...

I regretted that I didn't approach you,

that I swore to myself I would walk up to you and try to help you with everything,

Despite the fact that we were merely strangers.

But you didn't come back to the shop for days.

Well, who knows fate would let us meet at such situation?

Nighttime,

sidewalk,

and a car crash.

------===(------)===------

Mingyu was attentively playing his PSP next to his mother, who was talking to another person through her phone, while they were waiting for their name to be called by the person behind the counter. It was almost late in the night; Mingyu and his mother was running an errand for Mingyu's aunt who was taking care of his grandmother, his sick grandmother. Her medicines ran out and it was impossible for his aunt to leave her alone. As Mingyu's father was away because of his work and Kibum was attending a freshman activities at his campus, Mingyu's mother had no choice but to go herself, asking for company from Mingyu. And there they were, in a quiet apothecary, trying to get a prescription for Mingyu's grandmother, but still they have to queue to some extent.

"Number 82!"

A voice called from the counter. "It's us, Gyu," his mother whispered goodbye to the phone and stood up immediately while gesturing little Mingyu to follow her. Without hesitation, the boy stood up and put his PSP onto his jacket pocket.

That, before he saw someone walking in front of the building door, passing by, light from the street lamp falling upon him. Even with the scarce lighting, Mingyu could perfectly tell who that was; he was in his usual black hoodie, hands on his pocket, and a pair of trousers: Wonwoo. Once, Mingyu could see him rubbing his face with his black sleeves, and Mingyu couldn't help but to think that he was still in the very same sadness as before—or even worse.

"Mom, there's my friend outside. I'll be waiting outside with him," Mingyu said quickly without any break in between.

"Ming—"

"Don't worry, Mom!" Mingyu shouted back as he waved from the door. He smiled the last time before going out of the door, not clearly seeing the exact worried face on his mother's face.

He turned to left, where he could see the said boy walking slowly under the night sky. Okay, Mingyu, this is your chance! he encouraged himself as he silently followed the boy, slowly, matching his pace.

The night street was surprisingly empty, with only a few pedestrians and a very few cars passing, occasionally blowing cold night breeze at him, penetrating the jacket he was wearing. Suddenly Wonwoo stopped walking, which took Mingyu aback. He hid behind a street lamp like a cute little stalker as Wonwoo took his moment to look up into the sky, where a few blinking stars could be seen. It was dark; it wasn't a beautiful full-moon period, yet, to some extent, the night sky calmed him down for a bit.

Just for a bit.

Because a second afterward, Mingyu could hear a loud choke and sobs from the said boy as he buried his face on his sleeve. From behind the street lamp, Mingyu could see the boy's shoulders shook up and down as he sobbed. It was the same feeling from yesterday, Mingyu felt his heart shatter at the sight.

Okay, Wonwoo, I'm gonna help you this time! Mingyu told himself as he stepped out of his hiding place and paced slowly and quietly to the crying boy.

In the actuality, Mingyu was contrast to what he was telling himself to do. He wasn't sure if he was doing the right thing or not. What if what he was doing just scared him? Or even made everything worse? Thoughts along those lines stormed inside Mingyu's head as he stepped forward, closer to the source of the sobbing voice.

It's okay, Mingyu.

He silently exhaled as he stopped just a few inches behind the taller boy. He raised his right hand, trying to reach Wonwoo's shoulder, who still had his face buried on his sleeves deeply. "Won—"

It happened in a quick succession. Mingyu raising his hand, his mouth trying to call Wonwoo's name, and a car headlights pointed straight at the two of them, swerving out of the road.

"—woo!"

Mingyu powerfully shoved Wonwoo aside, harshly pushing his far away to the center of the street, sending him rolling rigorously that it would surely leave scars even with his covering clothes.

And after that, Mingyu could not remember anything.

All we could know was, the sleepy driver of the car snapped back to his sense as he stopped his car quickly, gasping loudly as he realized he just ran over a middle-schooler. Mingyu got thrown a few meters, bloods scattered along the way, with no sign of breathing from his limp little body.

The driver tremblingly walked out of his car and went to Mingyu, while there were already passersby calling for ambulance and help, realizing the situation. A young lady also tended to Wonwoo, who apparently was in a great shock as he couldn't move his eyes elsewhere, unable to take his eyes off of Mingyu's possibly dead body. His mouth was agape, and tears were streaming down his cheeks. The young lady helped the traumatized boy to stand up as ambulances and helps were coming minutes later, along with a middle-aged woman crying and screaming the now-dead little boy's name.

------===(------)===------

---

Finishing everything now while i have the time to.