15 death

The weekend finally ended, the weekday was finally here.

I had never felt so excited about week days my whole life.

I mean, school sucked.

But the slight hope of seeing you again made up for it.

Our first encounter was very short.

But over time, it was engraved in my mind;

your smile,

your sharp feature,

your raven black hair.

But that day, you looked so different that it made me worried.

Though I must say, that was one memorable day,

as I got to know your name for the first time;

Wonwoo.

------===(------)===------

"Mingyu!" a voice called out his name as Mingyu was on his way out of the school yard, casually kicking a small rock with his black shoes as he held tight to his backpack strap.

The called kid looked up and turned around to see one of his friend—best friend if he would say, Choi Hansol, an American-Korean boy that had been around him for a while. He was younger by a year than Mingyu, but he managed to enter the school a year earlier so they were on the same class. Mingyu was comfortable enough around him that he told him not to use honorifics when talking to him, to which Hansol agreed. Luckily enough, Hansol wasn't in that group of friend that had grown taller so Mingyu wouldn't have to have a hard time talking with him. "Hansol!" Mingyu stopped as he called back.

Hansol ran toward him. "Are you going to that ice cream palace again?" he asked as he approached him.

Mingyu giggled a bit to his way of wording. Hansol wasn't one who visited the shop regularly like him. His parent was usually already there at the school gate even before the final bell rang. But on some occasions, they would go to the shop together when Hansol's parents would be late. The ice cream palace wasn't actually the place where he should be waiting for his parent, but since he had nowhere to go he just went with Mingyu and tell his teacher to tell his parents that he was there. Soon, he fell in love with the shop and calling it palace for him wasn't an overstatement.

"Yup!" Mingyu said eagerly as he kicked the small rock a bit harder, sending it off, rolling to distance. "Your mother will be late again?" Mingyu casually asked as the two started to go out of the school, though he thought he already knew what the answer was.

But to his surprise, the younger boy shook his head. "Mom said my big cousin came and want to pick me up from school," he answered. "He said he will be waiting in that ice cream palace. He has a friend working there so he has someone to talk with while waiting for me."

Mingyu tilted his head as he heard the mention of Jeonghan's friend. He thought hard to himself, asking who that adult from days ago was. A few seconds passed but he just couldn't remember his name. "Uh, who is his name?" he finally gave up as he asked Hansol.

"Seungcheol," the other answered, "Cheolie Hyung."

Something clicked in Mingyu's head as he mouthed 'Aha!' happily that the name was still familiar in his head. "You know him?" Hansol asked in confusion.

Mingyu grinned with his usual canine-showing grin, as he nodded. He told the younger that he met his cousin once days ago. The two of them chatted casually, talking about anything they could muster, as they walked their way together to the shop.