11 together.

Wonwoo froze in his place as the word reached his eardrums. This can't be it, he said to himself as he stopped scrolling through his social media, eyes wide opened, right into the screen, but not focused to enough to read even a word on it. The voice from before was indeed Mingyu's, Wonwoo was sure of that, he could really tell that raspy, deep, booming voice belonged to no one else than his grim reaper, who disappeared unknowingly for a week. Yet the voice sounded really weird for him; it was unusual, not to forget that he appeared right in the middle of the day. Wonwoo was pretty sure of it, that Mingyu's voice from before contained warmth, contrast to the tone he had been using this whole time.

The boy put his phone down and slowly looked up, slowly sighting the figure with his usual attire, dark blue cloak with the hood left hanging on the back of his neck. And then he finally looked up to meet Mingyu's eyes, the eyes that Wonwoo was always curious of its color, the eyes, that was giving him warm looks, comforting looks. Now Wonwoo knew, Mingyu's eyes were hazelnut brown in color, shining as bright as the sunlight passing through the windows in Wonwoo's eyes. Compared to the usual dim light that usually accompanied them in the nights, Wonwoo now was able to clearly see, grasp every fascinating features of Mingyu's face, something that he never had known was this beautiful.

And long gone had that stoic and cold expression Mingyu always had, that Mingyu always threw at him, along with the expressionless and toneless words. What he saw was, Mingyu, looking at him, with such warmth that it reached his chest, although not smiling, Wonwoo could really tell, that his lips curved in a different way than usual.

Wonwoo still stared blankly at him, unable to believe that he got to meet Mingyu again, a creepy feeling for normal people because Mingyu was no other than Wonwoo's grim reaper. His lips started to be shaky as he couldn't control himself. Slowly, he could feel his eyes watery and soon teardrops started to wet his cheek. "H-hi, Mingyu," he greeted with stutters. Why are you here? "Where've you been?"

And now Mingyu's face turned into the most beautiful thing Wonwoo had ever seen. Mingyu smiled, even a bit, bringing Wonwoo more to his tears of disbelief. "Fate is not a simple thing," he said without letting go of his smile. Wonwoo just stared at him. "Even I do not understand what is going on."

Wonwoo suddenly got the strength back to control himself, finally using his hands to wipe the tears from his cheeks and smiled back at Mingyu as he looked back up. "You are not dying in four weeks, Wonwoo," Wonwoo flinched at the sudden name-calling. Mingyu never used his name to call him; mortal, human, were the words he usually got from Mingyu.

"Y-you c-called my... name?"

Mingyu sighed as he nodded, still the very same smile from the beginning, the smile that gave Wonwoo the whole warmth he ever needed in this world. "But I am still your grim reaper," Mingyu continued, "and you will be my last task."

Wonwoo couldn't understand clearly where the direction this conversation was going to. He inhaled deeply before sighing loudly from his mouth, mustering the strength to speak. "So," he finally spoke through his shaken lips, "why are you here?"

"To bid farewell," Mingyu simply answered. Wonwoo felt a sudden pain in his chest—not physically as he wasn't dying. Does this mean I won't get to see Mingyu again until an undecided time? "Your time is not coming soon, Wonwoo. So I will not be here until that time comes around."

Wonwoo could feel himself frozen again. He wasn't sure if he was feeling glad or not. He was glad, because he knew he wasn't dying—although if he was, he wouldn't be any different either. On the other side, another part of him was saying that he would spend countless days, nights, weeks, months, or even years, wondering about him. Imagining that alone brought so much pain in his chest. He knew it was love now. He loved Mingyu. He fell in love with his own grim reaper. Moreover after the cold composure Mingyu had always been giving to him started to get replaced by kind and warm embrace. Wonwoo almost choked himself as he was trying to say, "C-can you come occasionally?" There was a noticeable amount of desperation in his voice.