Chapter Three: The Angels

As the day went on, Charlie was a nervous wreck and she still hasn't heard back from her father about their meeting with the angels. She walked around the hotel for what felt like the last time, admiring all the rooms, paintings, and the little touches Alastor added to the hotel once he started working with her. She sighed as she stared at a painting of her parents and her the day they bought her the hotel, remembering how excited she was to make real changes for her people.

Vaggie saw her from down the hall and frowned, she hated seeing her girlfriend upset and worried. She wasn't completely sure about the hotel succeeding or sinners being redeemed, but she always supported Charlie's dreams and would do anything for her. She even gave up fighting in the turf war for Charlie so she would have more time to help out with the hotel. "Oh, Charlie." She frowned as she kept watching her stare at the painting.

"Smile, my dear!" Alastor appeared from behind Vaggie, causing her to jump a bit.

"Cabrón hijo de perra!" She snapped at him. "Were you spying on me?!"

Alastor laughed. "Don't flatter yourself, dear. And besides, I'm not the one watching my significant other from down the hall crying without her knowing instead of comforting her in her time of need." He grinned.

Vaggie growled at him, shaking with rage as her hands formed into fists.

"Now, now, my dear. No need to be embarrassed." He chuckled. "I find people crying entertaining as well."

"I don't find that entertaining, much less when it's Charlie." She huffed.

"Hmm. I guess you have a point there. Charlie's smile is much better than her frown." He said. "If only there was a way to keep this establishment open."

"This place would stay open if Angel Dust did what he was told and stayed cleaned. At Least that would keep Lucifer away for a bit longer, but no! That fucking joke ruined everything and made us look like fools!" She snapped.

"Not everyone in hell is like you, my dear. Some of us enjoy it here and there is simply no one to redeem except for possibly Charlie, but she was born here. You possibly have a chance if you controlled that horrendous temper. Hahaha!" He laughed.

"Yeah, well I'll make sure Angel Dust gets clean so the hotel doesn't close and Charlie can smile again." She said.

"You really would do anything for her, huh?" He asked.

"Of course I would. She means everything to me, she's not only my girlfriend but she's also my best friend."

Alastor grinned before walking away, humming to himself.

Vaggie blinked before shaking her head, she was going to walk up to Charlie but she had left a while ago without Vaggie or Alastor noticing. She sighed and just went to her room to try and see how she could get Angel Dust cleaned and eventually redeemed.

Later that same afternoon, Lucifer had given Charlie the heads up that the angels would be at the hotel at 6. Charlie had Niffty clean and set up the dining room for the angels, her father and herself. Once it was five minutes before 6, Charlie got ready and made sure she had some papers that explained her plan for the hotel. Vaggie walked in the dining room and tried to calm Charlie down, assuring her that everything would be okay.

"Just remember that I support you in this and that there is still hope." Vaggie said softly.

"I know, Vaggie. Thank you for always being here for me." Charlie smiled softly.

"Always, hun." She smiled back at her.

"Charlie! Ready for the meeting?" Lucifer asked as he walked in the dining room.