Chapter Sixteen: Jazz Romance

~Cafe in New Orleans~

Alastor is sitting across Daisy, not saying much since they got to the cafe and ordered their coffees. He was extremely nervous and stiff since he's never been in a situation where he was alone with someone he liked and didn't want to scare her away. The fact that he had a crush at all was new and threw him off a bit from his usual self. All he could do was stare at her and panic on the inside, feeling like his insides were twisting and turning.

Daisy looks back at him before looking away, nervously rubbing the back of her neck. After almost half an hour of small talk ending in pure silence, she decided to make the first move to start a real conversation. "Uhhh...so...h-how long have you been a radio host?" She asked, giving him a small smile. "Mister Alastor?" She said softly when she saw he wasn't responding.

He blinked. "Oh! Uhhh...I-I'm sorry. What was it you said, dear?" He asked, growing more embarrassed.

"No worries. I asked, how long have you been a radio host for?" She repeated herself.

"Oh, well I've been a radio host for about 12 years now. I started when I was 18. I've always loved music, entertainment, and the radio so I thought I should give it a try." He smiled slightly.

"Wow. You must really love what you do then if you've been doing it for over a decade."

"I do." He smiled, finally loosening up. "What about you? What is it you do?" He asked softly, taking a sip of his black coffee.

"Oh, well I don't have a job or a career as of now." She said softly.

"Oh. Well, I assume you must have passions. Right?" He smiled.

"Of course I do." She giggled. "Like you, I love music. I also love singing, dancing and the world of theatre! I can't imagine life without an outlet for creativity and passion. The arts are something that adds life to the world and is a part of me. I don't know who I would be if I couldn't sing and dance." She smiled brightly, her eyes sparkling as she spoke about her passions.

"Wow." Alastor said under his breath as a goofy smile formed on his face from listening to her. "You like singing too, huh?" He asked, resting his face on his hands as he looked at her.

"No. I love singing!" She smiled.

He got an idea and immediately sat up straight. "How would you like to go to a speakeasy?" He asked.

"A what?" She asked confused, raising an eyebrow at him.

"A speakeasy. Do you not know what a speakeasy is?" He asked.

She shook her head.

"It's like a secret club, except this one has a bar. You know, because of prohibition." He explained.

"What's prohibition?" She asked, still confused. "And why is it a secret?"

He chuckled. "Where have you been, my dear? You act like you're from another world or something." He joked.

She blinked and let out a nervous laugh. "Ha, ha! Yeah. Me from another world or something." She smiled awkwardly before drinking her coffee.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, perfectly fine." She said. "And I would love to. When?" She asked, trying to change the subject.

"Tonight. Or tomorrow. Whenever you can." He smiled.

"Oh, tomorrow night sounds perfect. I have to be home early tonight."

"No worries, my dear. We can leave it for tomorrow." He smiled at her.