Chapter Ten: Rosie

We're dead. It's over before it even started. She thought to herself.

"Well?" The person asked.

Alastor winked at Charlie to let her know everything would be okay.

She just blinked and was frozen in fear, unable to even look at whoever walked in on them.

He smiled at her before looking over at the person. "Rosie, my dear! Aren't you a sight for sore eyes." Alastor smiled happily at the elegant demon who was giving him a death stare, her hands resting on her hips like a mother.

"R-Rosie?" Charlie stuttered quietly. She knew about Rosie since she was an overlord and Charlie knew every single overlord in Hell even if she hasn't formally met them all.

Rosie was an overlord just like Alastor and had a British accent. She was the same height as Alastor, she had a slim and elegant figure, she dressed in a dark mauve dress, she had a pixie haircut that was a light shade of mauve. She wore an elegant tea party like hat that matched her dress and had big pink feathers that were kept on the hat by a few small skulls, she also carried around a fancy umbrella that she would have out or put away like Alastor with his microphone.

"Don't you dear me, you fawn. Yet again have you failed to send me an invitation to such an important event and you have the nerve to talk to me like that? " She asked annoyed. "I thought you were classier than this."

"A thousand apologies, my dear Rosie. The reason you weren't invited was because this was a small ceremony. A little nothing and not as important as one might think where an overlord should be invited." He laughed.

"Any event involving the whole Magne family is an important event." She corrected. "Speaking of which, I beg your pardon, Miss Charlotte Magne. How rude of me not to introduce myself before a royal. I'm Rosie, how do you do?" She smiled at Charlie.

"Oh, n-no worries. You should forgive me, how embarrassing to have an overlord like yourself witness...anyways, it's Charlie." She smiled awkwardly, changing the topic and pulled away from Alastor. She wiped her hands from sweat before shaking Rosie's hand.

"Well, Miss Charlie you have nothing to worry about. I figured something was going on so I insisted on coming to call for you when your father was asking where you and this buffoon were." She smiled.

"Oh no. Thank you so much, my dad would've..." She paused. "It's so bad that I can't even explain what would have happened if he saw!"

"Well, this little moment is between the three of us then." She smiled. "But what is going on here?" She asked.

Charlie blinked when she realized that they were nothing and she basically showed Alastor she liked him. "What?! Nothing is going on here. Just friendship and a partnership." She said nervously. "Professional partnership!" She quickly made clear.

"Oh? I've never seen friends or business partners hold each other close and basically drool on one another." Rosie teased.

Charlie turned bright red. "What?! No! You've got it all wrong! Me and Al here are not a couple and will always be friends but nothing beyond that!" She said nervously. "Besides, I just went through a breakup so I'm not looking for a relationship anytime soon, especially not with Alastor." She chuckled nervously before pausing. "N-not that I wouldn't because he is good looking." She quickly added before her eyes widened when she realized what she said. "But I wouldn't dream of dating my friend slash business partner! Oh, what's that, Angel? Coming!" She said so she could leave. "Angel Dust and his problems, I should go. Welcome to the Happy Hotel." She smiled awkwardly, her face still red before she practically ran out of the ballroom.