Chapter Eight: Hell's Queen Is Here

"I still can't believe you called me for your hair." Charlie said, walking back to the ballroom with Angel Dust by her side.

"Excuse me! I needed an opinion if it should be pushed back or just fluffed." Angel crossed his arms. "I can't look like a mess in front of people, especially angels."

"You're dramatic. This is just going to be a thirty-minute ceremony." Charlie said, walking in the ballroom and sat down on the other side of the carpet from Alastor.

Angel paused when he saw that and sat down next to Charlie. "Don't want to embarrass yourself again?" He teased.

She tensed up when she remembered how yesterday went, her cheeks turning bright red. "N-no! I'm just...upset with him." She huffed, crossing her arms.

"What did smiles do?" He chuckled.

"You don't need to know." She said, glancing over at Alastor before looking down at her feet. She wanted to keep asking until he gave in but didn't want Husk and Angel Dust around when it would happen.

"Spill. What happened? I need some gossip or I'll die." He said in a dramatic tone, placing his hand on his forehead.

"Angel, I don't want to talk about it. Especially not when he's right there." She whispered.

He glared at her playfully before looking over at Alastor. "Hey, Al! Come!" He called out.

Charlie tensed up again and looked at Angel. "What are you doing?!"

"Getting some answers." He said. "Alastor, come on! Get your cute ass over here!"

"No! It's okay, keep your cu-your ass over there." Charlie nervously jumped in, chuckling awkwardly.

Alastor just stared at them. "Please don't talk about my behind like that. And I'm fine over here, thank you." He smiled.

Charlie nervously smiled and gave him two thumbs up before looking at Angel Dust. "If I tell you after the ceremony will you keep your mouth shut?" She whispered.

"Hmmm...so long as you spill everything." Angel smiled.

"Fine." She groaned.

"Cool." He chuckled.

She sighed heavily, running her fingers through her hair. She looked over at Alastor who was talking with Husk and then Niffty once she came in. She wished there was a way to know about Alastor's past but was certain Husk and Niffty, the few closest people the Radio Demon knew, wouldn't know about his past or death by the way he was closed and secretive. She wanted to ask just in case but with how they were she wouldn't get anything out of them.

"She's looking at you." Husk pointed out.

"Of course she is." Alastor chuckled. "She's probably thinking of ways to find out about my past."

"What if her dad tells her? That man has an archive of every single demon's past which also contains the cause of death." Husk said, opening a new bottle of booze before tossing the empty one behind him. Niffty caught it and immediately threw it out before coming back and sat down.

"Lucifer wouldn't tell her no matter how much she begged and even if she does find the archive I burned everything about me to ashes." Alastor said simply.

"That's so smart and well planned out." Niffty smiled brightly. "And she's falling for you without you having to put in much effort." She added.

"Thank you, darling." He smiled. "And I know, but I had to put in some effort or I'll bore myself to death. But indeed it wasn't hard since she's an open book and naive, all I simply did was gain her confidence by showing her we have many things in common." He explained. "And a few small romantic gestures here and there." He chuckled as if it was a simple game to him.