Chapter Seven: Questions

The next morning, Charlie snuck out of her room to avoid everyone especially Alastor since the dream weirded her out. She didn't know why she dreamt of his death, he's never talked about it or his past. He was the most secretive demon in hell and no one knew how he died or why he was so powerful, but she was more curious than ever. She walked into the ballroom of the hotel before stopping in her tracks when she saw the ballroom was cleaned and decorated in pure white as it would be for a wedding ceremony. There were streamers, balloons, chairs, flowers and a white carpet leading to the short stage with a podium.

Charlie walked up to the podium and looked around the room. "What the-" She mumbled to herself before Alastor appeared behind her out of nowhere.

"Like what I did to the place, sweetheart?" Alastor asked as he leaned down close to her ear, a grin on his face.

"Ahh!" Charlie jumped in fear. "A-Alastor! What is going on here?" She stuttered when she saw him wearing a fancier suit than he usually wears.

"We're getting married of course." He smiled widely.

"What?!" She asked, her eyes widening when he said that and she got extremely nervous and red.

"I said, Vaggie is being sworn in today." He repeated himself. "Remember?"

"O-oh. Right." She chuckled nervously, her face bright red when she misheard him. "That's why this place is all white and decorated."

"Why of course! This is a very special moment and she'll be our first official client so it has to be special."

"Right. Vaggie is our...first." Charlie frowned, remembering she only had a month with Vaggie due to the deal she made with her father.

"Come now, my dear! Smile!" Alastor said in the happiest tone. "Today is not a day for frowns, it's never a day for frowns!" He laughed.

She sighed. "I guess."

"Then go on. Smile." He sang happily, pointing to his smile.

She chuckled a bit before smiling softly at him.

"Perfection! Like always." He said, his voice going clear for a moment.

She blinked but shrugged it off since it wasn't the first time she heard his voice go normal. "So when is this all happening?"

"I believe in less than an hour, my dear." He smiled before taking a seat.

She nodded her head. "Well...you did an amazing job with the decorations."

"Thank you, I'm glad you like it." He smiled, humming to himself as he waited for the ceremony to begin.

Charlie smiled and was about to walk out of the room before she looked back at Alastor. She wanted to know more about him and why he was so secretive so she hesitantly walked back to him. "Al, can we talk?" She asked nervously.

He looked up at her and nodded. "Of course! You know I enjoy your company and talking to you." He smiled.

She smiled before sitting down next to him, taking a few deep breaths. "I...I never asked but, can you tell me about your past?" She asked softly.

He just tilted his head when she asked. "Pardon?"

"Your past. I've always wondered and literally, no one knows much about you except that you were the biggest radio host in New Orleans and you were a serial killer. You're the only demon with an unknown past and unknown cause of death." She explained.

"My dear, I don't have to tell the world how I passed and much less tell them my life story. What they know is sufficient enough so please, don't ask that again." He said calmly.

"Did you get shot by a hunter?" She asked. "Were you being hunted down?" She was really curious and needed to know if her dream was accurate, but more importantly why she dreamt of that.

He furrowed his eyebrows, keeping his grin. "Charlie. I'm not telling you how I died." Getting a bit annoyed that she kept asking questions.

"At least tell me how you became so powerful. You have more power than a human soul is supposed to possess, but how is that possible?" She asked.

"I don't know. I don't question my powers and my strength." He shrugged. "Maybe it's because my soul is darker than you can imagine and filled with so much evil." He smiled widely before he began humming again.

"But-" Charlie was about to ask even more questions before Husk walked in.

"Charlie! Angel Dust needs you ASAP! And don't ask what the problem is because I didn't care enough to listen." Husk said, drinking his booze before he plopped down on a seat next to Alastor.

Charlie groaned. "Fine." She stood up. "Al, this isn't over." She said before walking out of the room.

Alastor chuckled. "Whatever you say, my dear." He said to himself.

"What the fuck happened?" Husk asked.

"She started to ask questions about my past and my death." He said simply.

"What?! You didn't say shit, right?"

Alastor laughed before wrapping an arm around Husk's shoulders to bring him closer. "Of course not, Husker my good friend. She will never know and everything will go on smoothly just as planned."

Husk glared and pushed him away. "You better hope she doesn't and that she doesn't keep asking."

"Don't worry. After this pathetic month is over, she'll be emotionally vulnerable and I'll have her wrapped around my finger." He grinned, his voice going clear and deeper.

"Yeah, yeah." He rolled his eyes. "What is it with you and blondes?"

"My good friend, you know for me there will only ever be one golden flower." He said softly, taking a pocket watch from his pocket and looked at the engraving on the back. "Only one." He whispered, gently rubbing the engraving with his thumb.