Chapter Twelve: Tonight's News

~Present Day~

"Are you alright, Alastor?" Rosie asked when she saw Alastor was distracted and adjusting his dial.

"I'm quite alright, my dear. Just some technical difficulties." He chuckled once he fixed his dial, placing his hands behind his back.

She smiled and walked into the dining room. "We're back." She sang softly.

"Just in time! We were about to serve the food." Lucifer smiled brightly from the head of the table.

Rosie smiled back before she sat down next to Lilith.

"It certainly smells delicious." Lilith smiled when Razzle and Dazzle came rushing into the dining room and quickly served everyone before rushing over to Charlie.

They looked up at her innocently like puppies.

"Okay, okay. You can help yourselves to the donu-" They quickly rushed out of the dining room before she could finish her sentence. She giggled and shook her head. "They're into sweets." She smiled softly at everyone.

"Oh, so that explains why they love you so much." Alastor smiled at her.

Charlie turned a bit red, a small smile forming on her face before she looked down to stop feeling flustered.

Lucifer growled under his breath and glared over at Alastor.

Alastor ignored Lucifer and kept smiling at Charlie who was sitting on the other side of Lucifer.

Lucifer growled louder and leaned over the table to block his view of Charlie. "So! Alastor, what are your plans for the hotel now that it'll be open?" He asked, forcing a smile on his face.

"Oh, well I was thinking that Charlie gets on the picture show again and give them an update on what's happening." He smiled.

"You want her to go back on the news where she publicly humiliated herself in the first place?!" He asked, not wanting to see his daughter go through that humiliation again and make their family seem like a joke.

"Nonsense. They wouldn't dare do that with me around and especially now that I'm a partner at the hotel." Alastor grinned.

"He has a point, dear." Lilith said softly to her husband.

"What do you think, my little poisoned apple?" Lucifer asked Charlie.

"Oh, well...I...I don't know. I don't think Katie Killjoy would let me back." She said nervously, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because she didn't like my idea." She smiled nervously at her dad. She knew they hadn't seen her fight with Katie since they never brought it up.

"Well, who cares what she thinks. I believe showing everyone in Hell that the Radio Demon is on your side will stop the teasing." Rosie smiled.

"Exactly. I just want everyone to know I'm your partner, sweetheart." Alastor smiled at her.

Charlie's cheeks turned red again and looked away. "I-I don't know. Maybe." She stuttered before taking a bite of her food.

"Come on, Charlie. I hate to agree with that asshole, but I think he has a point. We both know I won't be here to stop them from talking behind your back for long and when people see him they'll keep their mouths shut." Vaggie said softly.

"Vaggie? You really agree with this?" She asked, honestly surprised.

"Yeah. I hate his guts but I just want you safe and never want to see you hurt by what people say again. Are you going to tell me it doesn't get to you?"