1. Another Strange Beginning

{Lance's POV}

I looked out at the snow capped mountains that surrounded the large plateau where a small forest and a large house sat. I was standing on the deck of the Bounty, which was more like my home then just a flying ship. I lived on the ship with my parents, Lloyd and Rane, my siblings, Jade and Wayde, my grandparents, Garmadon and Misako, Uncle Wu, Uncle Cole, Aunt Bree, and my cousin, Mason. The house that was in the clearing belonged to Uncle Jay and Aunt Nya (They aren't really my aunt and uncle we just call them that since our parents are so close). They shared their house with their twins, Rey and Ryan, Nya's brother Kai and his wife Skylor, their two kids Flint and Ava, Aunt P.I.X.A.L, Uncle Zane, and their daughter Winter. Ninjago always seemed to be peaceful but Dad and the others stories told otherwise. They had said when I was little this strange guy from a different world tried to kill me but I ended up using some sort of power on him to kill him. For some reason that power hasn't returned to me.

"Lance? What are you doing?" Jade's voice came from behind me. Her hair was a light blond color much like Dads but had a strip of black like Mom. She wore a green kimono that made her green eyes light up.

"Eh just thinking." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Well Rey wanted me to come to the house and hang out. Wanna come?"

"I'll come in a little bit... What about Wayde?"

"Oh his coming to."

I nodded and headed inside to find Wayde to let him know we were leaving soon. I came around the hallway and bumped right into Mason. Mason was only a few months younger than Jade and was pretty strong for his age.

"Whoa Cuz, what's with the rush?" He asked.

"I'm looking for Wayde. Have you seen him anywhere?" I asked.

"Uh last time I saw him was in the control room... By the way you guys going down the house?"

"If we ever find Wayde, yeah." I said heading for the control room.

"Wayde? You in here?" I asked looking around the ships main control center.

"Huh?" A voice asked as I saw someone stand up on the other side of the secondary hologram projector.

"We're ready to go down to the house... What were you doing back there anyway." I asked the brown haired thirteen year old.

"Trying to fix the bug in the hologram machine... the flickering was driving everyone insane."

Mason raised his eyebrow. "You know how to fix a hologram projector?"

"Uh huh. It's pretty explanatory. You see..."

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! No, don't you start!" A different but familiar voice came from the other side of the room.

"Sophia! I was looking for you earlier." I said to the little mouse.

"Wayde, if you go into major detail about another mechanic... Ugh Lance help me out with my wording..."

"Gismo?"

"Yeah, that thing. If you dare do it... I think I'm gonna squeak so loud a deaf person could hear!"

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the nest." Mom said as she walked in the room.

"Is it that annoying when I talk about technology?" Wayde asked.

"Only when people... and mice can't pick up what you're putting down." Mason said trying to help.

"Oh then sorry if I bore you guys with all me ranting." Wayde apologise.

"Just remember Wayde, don't be disappointed just because you have a gift not many people have." Mom encouraged.

"Hey! Are you guys coming or am I gonna go by myself?" Jades voice called from the hallway.

"Yeah, yeah, Come on Wayde." I said as I picked up Sophia and put her on my shoulder.

We walked up to the door of the house. Mason was about to knock but as he did the door flung open and Mason tumbled in.

"Dude! Get off me!" I heard Flint yell.

"Sorry, you should have waited for me to actually knock." Mason said as he helped Flint off the floor. Flint looked just like a thirteen year old version of Uncle Kai except his hair had a slight hint of red.

"Hi, Jade!" Rey said as she have Jade a friendly hug. Rey had brown hair and blue eyes; A bunch of freckles dotted her face.

"Hey! About time you guys showed up!" Ryan said as he walked up.

"So...are we just gonna stand in the doorway or are we gonna head inside?" Mason asked.

{Rane's POV}

I watched from the deck of the Bounty as Lance and the others walked inside the house. I couldn't believe Lance was now fifteen. It seemed like only a few months ago I was bringing him home from my father's apartment.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Lloyd asked as he walked up.

"I was just thinking of when I brought Lance here from Dad's apartment."

Lloyd sighed, "They have grown up fast..."

"What?" I asked suspecting Lloyd had his own mind on something. He shrugged, "I don't know... I was just wondering why Lance's powers disappeared after Jacore was killed."

"I'm sure he'll regain his powers with time... Why don't you start training him?" I suggested.

"You think he's ready?" Lloyd asked.

"Weren't you around his age when you started training?" I questioned.

"Uh no, I was actually younger..."

"Well then?"

"Yeah... I guess we can start tomorrow." Lloyd agreed.

"Good. Oh and some of the others might want to train as well. Like I always say..."

"It's better to get all the targets with one blow." Lloyd finished. I smirked, "You really caught on to that quickly one didn't you?" Lloyd shrugged, "I guess it's a gift." I rolled my eyes and elbowed him in the arm. Garmadon and Misako stepped out onto the deck.

"What's a gift?" Misako asked. Before me or Lloyd could answer a loud alarm sounded from the control room nearly scaring my half to death. Before we had time to react P.I.X.A.L. landed on board with her Samurai suit. She quickly jumped out of the suit with a worried look on her face. "There back!" she exclaimed.