Checkmate

{Mason's POV}

"Checkmate!" Winter said with a smirk.

"Arg, This is what I get for playing chess with a nindroid." Ryan grumbled. I chuckled, "Haven't you learned to face the obvious?"

Uncle Jay and Uncle Kai walked in and looked at the game board. Jay sighed, "Remember all those times Zane beat us at almost every game?"

"What do you mean ALMOST!?" Uncle Kai started. "He couldn't be beat."

I glanced over at Lance who was sitting on the couch next to me. He looked like he was in a trance or something. I nudged him with my elbow. "Hey, Lance are you gonna head back to earth any time soon or what?"

"Hold on..." Lance said still looking the same. Uncle Jay raised his eyebrow, "What are you doing?"

Without answering Lance jumped up and headed for the door. "Everyone get to the basement now!" He ordered.

"What?! Lance what's gotten into you?!" Jade asked.

"We're being attacked! Just do what I said!" Lance said. Uncle Zane came bursting in the room. "The Nindroids are attacking!"

Everyone minus Lance, Winter, Uncle Jay, and Uncle Kai looked at him as if he had gone crazy. "Uhh your attacking us?" Ryan asked. The floor shook and the window broke. A black figure walked up to the broken window; it's red eyes glowed in an angry way. Uncle Kai quickly did spinjitzu and knocked the robot off balance. I saw a flash of greenish teal then a spark of lightning. All the sudden I was in the dark basement of the house.

"Someone find the light switch!" I heard Ava say. A small light turned on from were Winter was. "Thankfully I have a flashlight." She said.

"How in all the realms did we get here any way?!" Flint asked.

"Because Rane put us here." Sophia said.

"Huh? How did Aunt Rane teleport us?" I asked.

"It's all part of her powers." Wayde said. "She can teleport things through storm currents."

"Mason, You've been living with Rane your entire life and you didn't know that? Man he misses out on a bunch huh Lance?" Sophia said. I looked around the basement but didn't see Lance anywhere. A flash of green light came from the crack in the door above the stairs. "Kai! Keep them from getting down stairs! Cole, Nya! Help me hold the rest off!" I heard Uncle Lloyd's voice from the other side of the door. A loud rumble came from above then everything seemed to sink into darkness.

{Jade's POV}

I finally managed to get myself out of the rubble that had caved in on top of me.

"Jade! Your ok!" Winter exclaimed running up to me.

"What happened?" I asked.

"My calculations tell me the floor above us caved in." Winter answers. I looked around but didn't see anyone else.

"Where are the others?"

"Well... Everyone except you and Mason were found and brought to the Bounty..." Winter said slowly.

"Mason's missing?"

"Yes... I've been looking for him for a while now..." Winter replied, sounding as if she wasn't telling me something.

"Winter... What is it?" I asked. Winter sighed, "Lance was taken by the Nindroids..."

"What! How?" I said frantically.

"I'm not sure... Somehow he wasn't teleported to the basement and he ended up in the Nindroids hands." My mind was spinning. What will happen to Lance? Where was Mason? Were their lives in danger?