Two on One

{Jade's POV}

We walked in the living room of the Bounty. Danielle seemed to be in pretty bad shape, but I wondered why. Right after we sat down we heard three loud thuds from the deck.

"That's probably Dad and your parents." Mason said to me.

"So... who's your parents?" Danielle asked. Before I could answer Mom and Dad came in the room.

"Lance! Oh thank goodness you're safe." Mom said giving Lance a hug.

"Aww come on Rane, you know he can take care of himself." Dad said.

"Rane?" Danielle repeated.

"Oh, hello." Mom said as she noticed the girl sitting on the couch.

"Your Rane?" Danielle asked.

"Um... yes..." Mom replied.

Danielle stood up and walked up to Mom. "I'm Danielle... Danielle Henderson." I gasped. "So she's the one Lance dreamed about." I thought.

Mom shot a look at Lance then looked back at Danielle. "You mean... your my cousin?"

Danielle nodded, "Your's... and Lance's."

"But... how..." Mom started, sounding confused.

"I would love to explain everything right now, but I'm really worn out and I've had a tough day." Danielle said sleepily. "Lance can fill you in on what I've told him."

"Alright... you can sleep in with Jade." Mom said nodding toward me. I got up and showed Danielle to my room, which now was actually mine, Winter, Rey, and Ava's room.

"To answer your question earlier, I'm Rane and Lloyd's daughter." I said pulling out an extra trundle.

"I guessed that after I saw your Dad... You look a lot alike." Danielle said.

"So I guess we're kinda second cousins then."

"Yeah, I guess we are."

"Well, I'm gonna let you get some sleep. The other girls and I will come to bed in a little bit."

"Ok. Thanks, Jade."

I walked out of the room and smiled. Danielle seemed pretty nice but there were a lot of unanswered questions about her. I walked back in the living room just in time to here most of Danielle's story.

"Man, your family's really secretive, Rane. Didn't you say you didn't even know about Lance till after your dad gave him to you?" Uncle Jay commented. Mom sighed, "Well... I've never met my Uncle Mark. I sort of forgot about him. As far as Lance goes, I'm not sure why I wasn't told about him."

"I'm still wondering how Lance tamed that dragon back there..." Mason said.

"What dragon?" Dad asked.

"Oh we had a run in with a lightning dragon when we tried to get on the Bounty." Lance explained.

"You what!" Uncle Jay exclaimed. "How in the realms did you get out of there! Lightning dragons are one of the most aggressive!"

"Lance was cornered by it then the dragon all the sudden acted as if he was a regular trained pet." Mason said.

"Um... that's definitely not normal." Uncle Jay stated.

"Oh great, we're bringing back Captain Obvious?! I thought he was well retired." Uncle Kai joked.

"It might not be normal in most cases but this case was slightly different." Grandma said from the other side of the room.