Chapter 1

Year? 2008

Place? Westerburg High School

Eight teens, both seniors and juniors, decide to see if the legend is true. Everyone is Westerburg knows or has heard of what happened in 1988. When Jason Dean, also known as J.D. killed himself in an attempt to blow up the school on the senior prom day.

The teens, led by Damien Sanders, break into the school to find out if the school is really haunted, as they say, by the ghost of J.D.

The group is formed by Damien Sanders, his brother Virgil, the twins Roman and Remus Prince, Remy Starlight, Patton Hart, Logan Berry, and Emile Picani.

Needless to say that, in order to find out if J.D. is there, the teens will have to bring some... items to talk to him.

But, let's not get too far ahead. Let's start at the beginning.

-

The bell rang. It was a normal high school day. Damien walked over to the outside, where he and his friends met up every day during lunch. But today was different. He was excited about something. And he couldn't wait to tell his friends what he had heard in class from one of the students.

He pushed the door open and walked to the bleachers. He saw his brother, Virgil, with Logan and Roman.

His brother was a year younger than him, a junior. His hair was dyed purple, even though it was starting to fade away. Roman and Logan were both seniors, just like Damien.

Roman, Damien's boyfriend, was the personification of popularity. He had the charm to always get what he wanted from anyone without even trying. He had the flawless looks and was overall perfect –at least, to Damien–.

Logan was Virgil's boyfriend... well, not exactly. They both liked each other in a 'more-than-friends' way, and it was so painfully obvious to everyone but them. It was embarrassing to be around them sometimes. He was the nerd of the group. Perfect grades, teachers' pet, glasses. He was lucky he was friends with Roman, if not, he would've probably been bullied for years.

Of course, there were more people in the group. There was Patton. The dad friend. He was the sweetheart out of them all. The first one to get killed in a horror movie when all the cliché options were out. The boy with the round glasses and the freckles. The one who secretly got depressed when he saw someone being mean. And the guy obsessed with cats despite being allergic to them.

Then, there was Remus. Roman's twin and the person Roman hated most in the world... probably. He was the disgusting friend. The one to make the gross jokes and puns. The one to make inappropriate comments at the worst times. The one who couldn't keep a secret. And yet, somehow, he had been Damien's best friend for years.

Emile, the childish, yet mature senior of the group. He wanted to be a therapist... that's probably enough to describe him. He had his room filled with cartoon posters and Pop figures of said cartoons. He loved everything cartoon related and actually gave great advice despite comparing everyone and everything to cartoons.

Then there was Remy. The only one other than Roman to own Damien's heart at the beginning of high school. He was the coffee addict and sarcastic guy. Seemingly so chill about everything. Never panicking over anything. There was always another shot, especially when he had a Starbucks cup in his hand and his sunglasses on, making it almost impossible to read him... unless you were Damien. Then it was always as clear as day. He was Roman and Remus' cousin, but it was as if they weren't. Their last names were completely different and the rest of the group found out at the start of the year.

And last but not least, there was Damien. Once a sarcastic and despised asshole and now who everyone wanted to be. The popular kid's boyfriend. Part of Westerburg's elite now. A rich kid who wanted to hide his background and manipulated people... or, at least, he did, until Roman showed up and changed him completely. Now he wasn't as manipulative, and when he was, he did it for a reason... like getting the keys to the gym...

Totally not that.