Chapter 25

TW: Mentions of death/murder, intrusive thoughts about hurting someone, violence

"Well, man, you did give us a big scare." Remy chuckled, nudging Damien lightly to the side as they walked down the hallway to Damien's locker. "Are you sure your head doesn't hurt, or you don't feel weird or-" he started. They were all worried about him. All the tests showed he was fine, but there was always a percentage of them being wrong or mixed up with someone else's.

Damien rolled his eyes and looked at him. "I'm fine, Remy. Don't worry." He looked forward and frowned as his gaze landed on Roman. "Asshole..." he muttered, glaring at him as Roman looked his way.

"Has he spoken to you yet?" Remy asked him quietly as they got closer. Damien shook his head. "Jesus... how much of an asshole can he be? And I thought all his pride was fake as shit." He sighed, wrapping an arm around Damien's shoulders. "Well, babes, now that you are available again... let's talk trash about assholes." He smirked, glancing at Roman.

Damien pushed past Roman. At that moment, his brain seemed to glitch. He shut his eyes and stopped walking for a moment. Remy let go of him and turned, frowning lightly.

"Are you okay?" Remy asked worriedly. Damien nodded opening his eyes again. His vision was slightly blurry. And, Remy could swear that, for a split second, his eyes were both brown. He froze for a moment but went back to walking. "Okay, let me know if you're not." He smiled, turning to look at him, almost nervously.

"I'm fine," he said, giving him a small smile. He glanced back and saw Roman walking away. He bit his lip and turned back to Remy, walking after him. "He didn't even text me after what happened. It's like he's truly convinced that I killed Remus. God, he's fucking insane," he muttered.

They headed to the cafeteria, and Damien frowned, seeing Virgil talk to Jane. What on earth could they be talking about? Without any kind of warning, he started walking towards them.

"Jane," he said with a small smile. Virgil seemed to tense up when he saw Damien. Jane, however, didn't flinch as she turned to look at him questioningly. "Can we talk for a moment?" he asked.

She and Virgil exchanged a look for a moment. "Of course." She smiled. "Thanks, Virgil," she said softly before following Damien far enough to be able to talk privately. "What's up?" she asked.

Without saying a word, Damien pulled her closer by her wrist and kissed her. Jane froze for a moment before kissing back because, yeah, Virgil had just told her to be careful. And, sure, he and his boyfriend had just broken up, whatever. But she had been crushing on him for most of high school, and she was not letting this chance go away.

Remy and Virgil froze at the sight of Damien kissing her. Honestly, Virgil wasn't entirely shocked, but the fact that Damien was kissing /a girl/ worried him even more. Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck! He was slipping through his fingers. No!

As Remy watched, everything that had happened that year seemed to flash before his eyes. Everything that had happened. Everything strange that had happened... it was all after that damned night. The night they decided to mess with a ghost. The ghost of a serial killer.

Then it all clicked.

"Virgil..." he said, almost inaudibly. Virgil hummed, looking at him. "What was J.D.'s girlfriend's name?" he asked quietly, his voice wavering slightly.

Virgil thought for a moment, looking at Damien and Jane again. "Veronica Sawyer, I think," he answered, not understanding the sudden question. "Why?"

"We're all fucked..." he said quietly. "She's her daughter." He looked at Virgil, who froze in pure and utter shock at the new information. "We're fucked..." he repeated. Virgil looked at him and glanced at Damien and Jane, frowning lightly.