Chapter 14

TW: Mentions of death, crying

It'd been a week since Patton's death. Five days since the funeral. Three days since Damien's last panic attack. And 1 hour from Damien's next blackout.

Roman, Logan, and Emile had built a pillow fort as Emile had insisted that it would help them all feel slightly better.

The fort was made of many pillows with a white sheet on top as a roof. It had a fluffy rug on the floor to make them all slightly warmer and pillows all around it to make the walls of the fort. They had put a pile of blankets on one side so whoever wanted one could take it or ask for it. Roman had added some warm fairy lights to make it cozier and Emile and Logan had made hot chocolate with marshmallows for them all. Logan didn't know if it would work and make everyone feel better, but he had decided to trust Emile's knowledge of people and emotions. Plus, he didn't really know much about people's feelings nor how to help.

So there they all were now. Damien, Emile, and Remy were half asleep as they all watched Lady and the Tramp. Virgil had silent tears running down his face as that was Patton's favorite Disney movie and he could practically hear his squeals of happiness in some parts of the movie. Logan and Roman were trying to keep everything and everyone together, glancing at each other every now and then to see how the other was doing with his side of the fort. Remus wasn't Remus. He was barely there. No inappropriate side comments, no trying to ruin the movie for them, nothing. He was just sitting there and watching the movie. And that worried both Roman and Logan, but neither said anything, not wanting to wake Damien, Emile, and Remy up.

As the movie went on, all the teens fell asleep, ending up in a cuddle pile.

That was when he woke up. In the end credits. He untangled himself from the pile, somehow not waking anyone up, and got up, leaving the pillow fort. He glanced at the others. So pathetic. All of them. Each one of them had to be taken care of. Just like Patton. But first, he had to make something big. Something had to happen to separate them all. They all refused to leave anyone alone. So... what could he do? Then it hit him. That was it.

He had to break the core of the group.

He had to break Roman.

He turned and headed to Roman's room in an attempt of finding something, anything that could help him do whatever he had to do to break him.

He could kill 'himself', but that wouldn't work out since he would have no link to them anymore. So Damien dying was not a possibility that worked. He looked around the room. He opened drawers and even checked in his bathroom.

Nothing. There was absolutely nothing relevant. Nothing other than pictures of him with Damien. Did that kid not care about anyone but Damien? He could force a breakup between them... but that may not work. Not with how prideful Roman was. He wouldn't flinch. He would break on the inside, but it wasn't enough... not yet, at least.

Time to ruin Roman Prince's perfect little world.

Thud!