Ch. 17

March 5, 2004

Gabriel hummed as he hammered a nail into the wall. When he was done he pulled back and rolled up his sleeves. Emilie walked up and hung up a picture of a pony.

"Perfect!" She smiled as she rubbed her growing belly. Gabriel wiped the sweat off of his eyes.

"What's next?"

"I think that's all." She walked over to the crib and straightened the blankets once more.

"Do you think it will be a boy or a girl?" Emilie asked.

"I have no idea, but no matter what we will both love him or her with all our hearts."

"He's gonna have a good Daddy. Or her."

"I'm excited." Gabriel smiled. "I know I wasn't very enthusiastic when I found out, but I really am excited."

"Any name ideas?" Emilie asked.

"Actually yeah. If it's a girl we could name her Delilah, or Ariana, or something else. If it's a boy I was thinking Milo, William, or maybe Adrien."

"I like Adrien."

"You want to hear the urban dictionary definition for it?"

Emilie laughed and nodded. "Sure."

Gabriel pulled out his phone and typed something up. "Okay. 'Adrien is the most amazing person you will ever meet. He will make you smile even if you have had a rough day. You will be very lucky to be his friend because he will always have your back no matter what. He will do anything to keep a relationship and will wrangle those who mess with him or his friends. All the girls like him, and the super hot hair doesn't help. Adrien is loyal, smart, funny, and kind.' What do you think?"

"I love it!" Emilie said. "If it's a boy we will definitely name him Adrien. I think the girl names could use a little more work."

Gabriel smiled. "Probably. I can't wait to meet our baby."

"Me too."