Ch. 19

May 30, 2005

Emilie smiled as she detransformed. "It feels great to do hero stuff again!"

"I'm glad you have fun with it." Gabriel smiled.

Emilie ran into the nursery and picked up Adrien. "Maybe you'll be a hero one day." She told him. He smiled and cooed.

"I need to go to work on the new clothing line. Mr. Crosby is getting persnickety about everything, so now I have to go back and fix all the previous designs."

"I'm sorry Gabriel."

He nodded and walked off, and Emilie took Adrien to the living room and sat down. She rocked him gently back and forth, and he smiled.

"I love you, Adrien."

************************

September 8, 2007

Gabriel sat on the floor across from Emilie. Adrien crawled over to Gabriel, and he lifted his son into the air.

"Good job!" He said. Adrien laughed. "Now crawl to Mommy." He sat the small boy on the ground, and Adrien stood and leaned against his Dad.

"He's so cute!" Natalie whispered from the couch.

"Come on, you can do it!" Emilie encouraged. Adrien looked over at her and smiled. Then he started walking toward her. There was a collective gasp from the whole room as Adrien walked to his Mom.

"You took your first steps!" Emilie celebrated as she hugged her son. Adrien clapped, and the three friends laughed.

********************************

June 4, 2010

Emilie walked around the living room. Adrien was hiding under the coffee table, and she could hear his stifled giggles. She smiled.

"Where are you? I'm certain I heard you come in here."

Adrien started laughing, and Emilie walked toward the table.

"Where could you be hiding?" She asked. Suddenly she poked her head into his hiding spot, and he burst into laughter.

"I found you!" She said as she tickled his stomach. Adrien shrieked with laughter and pushed her hands away.

"My turn to hide?" Emilie asked.

"Can Daddy hide too?"

"I don't know. He's busy, sweetheart." Emilie said.

"He's always busy." Adrien pouted. "I'm gonna go ask."

"Sweetheart, I don't think..."

Adrien wiggled away from her grasp and ran out of their living room. Emilie hurridley followed him down the hall to Gabriel's study, but she was too slow.

"Emilie, I thought I told you to keep him out of here!" She heard Gabriel shout. She entered the study as Gabriel spun around and found Adrien standing in the doorway. The boy's smile was gone, and his green eyes were wide.

Gabriel stopped. "Adrien. I-I'm sorry."

Adrien shuffled his feet.

"Did you need something?" Gabriel asked softly.

"Will you play with us?" Adrien eventually asked.

Gabriel sighed and sat down. "Come here." Adrien ran over to him, and Gabriel picked up the boy and set him on his lap.

"You see those papers?"

Adrien nodded.

"That's my work, and right now I have a lot of it. So, I can't play because I have to finish it.

"Will you play tomorrow?"

"How about this? I will take you out this weekend, just you and me. Sound good?"

Adrien smiled. "Yes!"