Recap

Previously, on The Miraculous Tales

WARNING: Contains Spoilers about Previous Fanfics in the Series

Important Overview:

After having a terrible accident as Ladybug, both our heroes realize that they aren't invulnerable when in their super suits.

After spending time with Cat Noir at the Paris Ball, the sweet thoughtfulness he showed when he visited her in the hospital room, the support he gave after hearing what Adrien did to her, working with him to get out of the Peter Pan story, hanging out with him, and going on a date-not-date with him, Marinette has come to think of him as a close friend.

Marinette breaks off her friendship with Adrien after Kagami told her what he truly thought of her and he confirmed it. The class, except for Chloe, also stopped talking to him in support of Marinette.

Cat Noir knows Ladybug's secret identity, and he also loves both sides of her.

(#1) Les Poissons:

Marinette, Alya, Nino, and the rest of the class, minus Adrien, attend the annual Paris Ball together, something they'd been looking forward too for a while. Marinette goes gown shopping with Alya and finds a beautiful ladybug themed dress made by Gabriel Agreste. Going against Tikki's warnings, she attends the ball in the gown. When they get there, she is very disappointed Adrien wasn't able to make it, but, with some encouragement from Alya, she decides to make the best of it. Later in the evening, she ends up dancing with Luka and was thankful the night wasn't a total loss after all.

Meanwhile, Adrien decides to attend the ball as Cat Noir since his dad wouldn't let him attend. Upon arriving, he is elated to see Ladybug there as well. He soon realizes it's actually Marinette in a ladybug dress. After the mistake was clarified, they end up spending the evening together and have lots of fun.

Meanwhile, Hawk Moth akumatizes another victim. Cat Noir rushes Marinette to saftey, then goes to stop the villian. Ladybug joins him shortly after, but then realizes they can't defeat the villain alone. She calls Rena Rouge in for help, and together the three heroes are able to save the day.

(#2) Flashback:

Ladybug and Cat Noir have to face the villain Sonic. While fighting him, Ladybug gets badly injured. She recovers though, and the two heroes are able to defeat the villain.

After the injury, Marinette soon finds herself spacing out more than usual, and she feels sick. Ignoring it, she goes to the Ladybug and Cat Noir movie with her friends.

Adrien is extremely worried about Marinette. His worries prove true when she passes out in class, and they have to rush her to the hospital. While there, a villain attacks the hospital.

As Cat Noir fights Flashback, Ladybug is no where to be seen. Her kwami soon appears with Carapace and Queen Bee. The three heroes, along with Tikki, team together and are able to defeat the villain.

Ladybug appears just in time to capture the akuma, and then the heroes all part ways.

As Cat Noir heads out, he finds Marinette passed out in the street. He takes her back to the hospital room, and then later visits her as his superhero self. The two enjoy the visit, and it results in them growing closer as friends.

(#3) Speechless:

The class all gets invited by Adrien to Gabriel Agreste's new fashion gala. Marinette is thrilled to go, but she is disappointed she doesn't get to spend more time with Adrien. She even gets jealous when Kagami starts hanging with Adrien. Feeling guilty, she decides to ignore them.

Not too soon after, Luka comes up to Marinette and asks her out. Unsure of her feelings, Marinette says she'll get back to him. The evening passes by in a wonderful blur until Kagami comes up to Marinette and relates the conversation she had with Adrien. Marinette can't believe Adrien would say such awful things behind her back, but Kagami insists it's true. Marinette goes to Adrien and asks him if it was all true, and she is horrified when he confirms it.

The next day, Adrien can't figure out why everyone is mad at him. Chloe, the only one who isn't, tells Adrien what happened. Still confused, Adrien visits Marinette as Cat Noir to find out what was going on. Then he realized Kagami lied and tricked Marinette, but no one knew. He comforts Marinette, feeling horrible that she is so distraught.

Later a new villain attacks the city. Marienette is still upset about what happened, and it shows as she fights the villain. Cat Noir encourages her, and together they are able to defeat the villain.

After visiting with Cat Noir again, Marinette decides to go out with Luka.

(#4) Storybook:

Marinette goes on her first date with Luka. Things go well until a villain attacks. Luka and Marinette escape, but while Luka isn't looking Marinette slips away to transform into Ladybug. Before she can do so, she sees a little boy who needs saving. Knowing she wouldn't have time to transform and then save the boy, Marinette runs to his rescue.

Cat Noir sees Marinette, and goes to help her. They are able to save the little boy, but they themselves weren't so lucky.

They finds themselves stuck in the story of Peter Pan. Cat Noir finds that he is Pan, Marinette is Wendy, and their friends are other characters around them. But only Marinette and Cat Noir know what's really going on.

Marinette soon realizes that to get out of the story they'd have to complete it. Together they make their way through the beloved classic. As they weave through the story, they find themselves growing closer. Marinette finds that Cat Noir wasn't as bad as she had originally thought, and she really enjoyed getting to know him better. Cat Noir realizes that he actually has feelings for Marinette, but he isn't sure what to do since he still loves Ladybug.

They manage to get out of the story, then Ladybug and Cat Noir stop the villain.

(#5) Revealer:

Marinette and Alya have a sleepover. They decide to build a fort, and they are surprised when Cat Noir comes and interrupts their fun. They ask if he needs help fighting a villain, but he admits he had actually come to hang out with Marinette. The girls decide he can stay for a little while, so together they build the fort and play cards before he leaves.

Alya wonders if Marinette and Cat Noir are dating, but Marinette quickly shuts that theory down, claiming they are just good friends. Alya begs to differ.

The next day at school Adrien is disheartened everyone is still ignoring him. He over hears Marinette and Alya talking and realizes that Marinette broke up with Luka. He decided to talk to her. Unsure what to say, he follows her until he can think of something. Before he has the chance to talk to her, a villain attacks. Marinette runs into a nearby alley, and Adrien follows so he can make sure she's safe. Instead, he sees her transform into Ladybug then run off to go fight the villain. She doesn't see him though.

Shocked, Adrien transforms into Cat Noir. Once he realizes that the villain has the ability to reveal people's true selves, he considers using it to reveal Ladybug's identity so he can tell her he knows.

Deciding against it, he helps Ladybug fight Revealer. When he gets touched by the villain, nothing happens. Ladybug realizes that Cat Noir is his true self, and therefore Revealer is powerless against him. The heroes use this to their advantage and are able to stop the villain.

Later, Cat Noir asks Marinette to dinner. They have a nice evening, but Cat Noir decides to not tell Marinette he knows her identity. He also doesn't reveal his true feelings for her.

Marinette was glad she got to spend time with Cat Noir, and Cat Noir was thankful for the time he got to spend with her.