Chapter 6

I walk out of the room, "Sam...." I said knowing he can't hear me. I walk down the hall away into the patients space, where we come watch stupid stuff on TV, play checkers or talk.

"Hell-hello.." I look at the table and Leslie and younger self.
"Hi...." My younger self said to Leslie.
"What your name?"
"Amantha..."
"I'm Leslie.....you are the youngest here now..... The other youngest.....killed himself"
"That nice to tell me on my first day here"
"Sorry, how come you are here?"
"I burn down a church with people in it, cause they didn't believe me...."
"What they didn't believe you about"
"I don't want to talk about it..."
"Anyone died?"
"Yes, all of them since I lock the doors and the windows are high so you can't climb out"
"They didn't kill you?"
"They did some research, my mom said that my crazy doctor help me out and the law saw I need more help....so they sent me here, if things go right. They let me out early and see how I act then....why you here?"
"My parent drop me off, but I know they come back for me. They love me and I love them."
"Wanna be friends?"
"Sure"
I watch them fade away. I heard a click, and saw the checker board set up. I walk over to it, I saw the red one move then the black one, seem it was playing checkers by itself.
I walk around a little, "Amantha" I heard out in the hall way. "Sam? Leslie?" I said, I walk into the hallway. I was outside, but this time sun up and the place look better then that village. "Amantha?" I look and saw Leslie, I ran up to him and hug him. What made it better, he hugged me back, first time in a long time. "Leslie! Your safe!" I heard someone clear their throat. "Amantha, it's a surprise you are alive...." I heard his voice, I let go of Leslie. "Why that?"
"I just thought the monsters kill you by now" I turn to him, "I won't die because I have two people that need me! They are the reason I must fight and survive"
"Cute speech but no one here won't get out unless we use Leslie"
"I won't let no one use Leslie as bait"
"Not bait, Leslie been here before and you-"
"So Leslie been in this hell hole! Well this place is 10 times better then that 'hospital' and you not going to hurt him"
"I'm saving our lives!"
"You mean your life....all you care about was that stupid project. I hope you die and-" I was cut off, when Leslie warp his arms around my waist. "Leslie?" I turn my head and look at him in the corner of my eye. "Go...go..." He started to repeat, then push me to the side. I landed on my butt, I look up and saw Leslie running away. Jimenez look behind me with wide eyes. I slowly turn to look, there he was. "Shit!" I got up as fast as I could and Jimenez ran after Leslie. I got a few feet then he teleported in front of me causing me run into his burnt chest. I look up at him and he gave me a smirk. I punch him in the chest and he just chuckle, "stupid child", a sharp pain went through my spine. I gasp and fall down on my knees, "what the hell you did to me!?" My body started to go numb, I try to lift my head up to see his face but I couldn't move nothing. "First female and patient that survive the STEM project under the hands of Jimenez but yet you still don't remember me...."
"I. only. know. your. name. is. Ruvik." I said with gasping for air in every word I said. It felt like someone squeezing my lung and it not letting me breath. "Is that all? You use to laugh and have fun here every chance he work on you Amantha"
"Where. Sam."
"Somewhere"
"My. Brother." I end up falling on my side, lucky I couldn't feel a thing. My eyes started to get heavy, "sleep Amantha, soon it be all over"
Last thing I saw was him kneeing next to me and his arms around my body.