Chapter 2: New Roomate

The next morning, I woke up with an ache in my whole body. I groaned and rolled over to check my phone. 12:15 Pm. I decided to sit up and was wondering why my whole body hurt... Then I remembered, last night I quickly hopped out of my bed tripping on the floorboard on my way out which made me scowl back towards the floorboard I pointed at it whisper "Fuck you". Once I got out to the main room I saw the duffle bag sitting in the middle of the room. I decided to grab myself a box of cereal and sat down on the floor in front of the duffle bag. I stared at it for a moment trying to figure out what to do what I got a notification on my phone. I opened my phone to look at the news headline which read "CHASE BANK ROBBED". Well shit that probably pertains to me. I continued to read "Last night 4 robber attempted to rob the Chase Bank on East 86th St. 3 of the robbers were apprehended thanks to a hero working with the police station. One of the robbers was able to get away with money and the police are currently looking for this person. If you have any information on this person, please contact your local authorities".

Well that might just be a problem. Its fine its fine not a problem at all nope no problem. I decided to finally open up the duffle bag after I finished my dry cereal. I slowly unzipped the bag and opened it up. Inside there where bundles of cash and a big smile sneaked up to my face. I pulled out a roll of a 100, 100 dollar bills. I looked it over before reaching in again and pulling out another and another and another. Once I counted all the rolls I had a total of 80 rolls. I did some quick math and calculated how much that was. Once I finished my math my eyes went wide as I realized. I had managed to snag 800k dollars. That is more money than I have ever had in my life. I completely spaced out imagining what I could do with that cash when I was pulled from I thoughts by a knock on the door.

I kicked the bag behind the counter and opened my door just a tad to see who had knocked. It was Bob of course who else would knock on my door. "I need your rent" He said holding his hand out expecting me to give him a check. I paused for a moment before smiling "No need I will be moving out at the end of the week". Bob looked confused for a moment "So your moving out at the end of the week?" He said in a questioning tone. "Yup!" I said smiling and closing the door. Welp time for me to get a new apartment. Get away from this shithole. I walked over to my couch and plopped down pulling out my phone to begin apartment hunting when I received a text from Dave. "Did you see the news? Some pretty crazy shit huh?" The text read. I smiled texting him back "Yeah! I'm surprised someone would have the guts to rob a bank like that! Whoever they are they must have some serious skill!". Dave texted me back with an eye rolling emoji and I just chuckled before resuming apartment hunting.

I spent the rest of the day looking through apartment listings. Too expensive. Too Crappy. Not getting another place on the 10th floor. I kept scrolling until I found a listing I liked. "Reasonable sized 2 room apartment with 1 bathroom and nice kitchen and big living space. I am a 24-year-old female looking for a roommate to split the rent with me. Not a party person so no need to worry about loud music at night. Message me if you're interested (: ". That sounded nice I could work with that so I decided to message her. "Hey I saw your apartment posting and am interested in your offer could I come over so we can meet and I could get a look at the apartment". I waited for her to text back by scrolling through Tumblr looking at memes. Then I got a text. "Hey that sounds nice why don't you come by tomorrow at 10 am I would love to meet you (:". Welp looks like I have plans tomorrow not much I can do for the rest of the night so I just decided to chill for the rest of the day.

The next morning, I woke up at 8 Am a rolled out of bed tripping on that god damn floorboard once again except I didn't catch myself this time so I face planted. I groaned then laid on the floor for a good 30 seconds before I got up again and continued to walk out to the main room. I grabbed the rest of my dry cereal and decided to just pour it into my mouth not caring about cleanliness. After breakfast I pulled on a green tank top and black leggings pulled on my leather jacket and headed out the door. It was about a 25-minute walk to the address when I got there it looked like a nice enough building. I walk into the front door and there was a woman at the front desk she looked up to me and said in a stern tone "How can I help you?". "I'm supposed to be meeting someone here now" I said to the receptionist. "Oh that would be me my name is Shayne Collier" I heard someone say behind me in a chipper tone. I turn around to look where the voice is coming from and before I can say anything else I freeze.

This woman is beautiful. Tall with blonde hair in a pixie cut with her bangs pushed to one side, she was wearing a flower pattern tank top with a black leather jacket and pair of black jeans. It took me a moment to realize she was calling out to me. "Oh sorry spaced out my name is Pheya Fox but most people call me Foxy" I said giving the gorgeous woman whose name is apparently Shayne a handshake. "Well it's nice to meet you come on let me show you the place" she said waving me towards her as she went up the stairs. I followed her up the 3 flight of stairs thank god it wasn't 10. When we got to the door she unlocked it and ushered me inside.

It was really nice inside a big living room with a nice brown couch and a flat screen on top of a polished desk, in between the couch and the TV there is a fancy glass coffee table on top a fluffy white rug. Beside the couch there is also a glass side table with a vase on it. I walk into the room further and see the kitchen directly behind the living space. It was a simple kitchen nothing fancy but much nicer then my last place. "Wow I have never been inside a place so nice before" I said looking around the room I turn around to look at Shayne. She was smiling clearly happy that I liked it "well come on take a look at your room" She said heading up the stairs and I followed. I went upstairs and there were 3 doors. "the one on the far right would be your room, the middle door is the bathroom, and the left door would be your room" Shayne said pointing at the doors as she explained. I walked towards the door that would be mine and opened it up. It was probably twice the size of my other apartment bedroom and no sneaky floorboards. I smiled and looked back to Shayne "I like it".

"So your half of the rent would be 1500. I'm not picky about rules but just try not to be too loud between 12am and 12pm" Shayne said as we sat on the bar stools. "yeah that works so when can I move in" I said quickly wanting to get out of my current place as fast as possible. "Tomorrow I will be home all day so anytime just come over I will need you to bring in first month's rent tomorrow though" She said with a smile. "Sounds great I'll be there" Giving her one last hand shake before heading out and heading back home.

Once I got back to my apartment I looked around. I didn't really feel like taking any of my furniture with me and god knows I can buy more. Really the only things I needed to take was the cash and my clothes. I could put the clothes at the top of the duffle bag so if anyone questions it I can open it up and show my clothes, yeah that would work. So I packed up my stuff and decided to go to sleep since I had work tomorrow and had to be in at 6am. So I hopped into bed for my last night in this crappy apartment. And tomorrow I would be sleeping in a nice place with heating, room, and a beautiful lady next to my room. Yeah this would be nice. You know, as long as I don't get arrested anytime soon.