Chapter 5: Silver Shadow

"Fuck" I yelped dodging the man punch. "Listen you really don't want to do this man" I said still dodging all of his punches. I sigh "whatever dude" I say as I block his next punch grabbing his wrist in the process. I quickly drop to the ground sweeping his feet from under him and throw. He landed with a loud thud and I twisted his arm against my knee making him yelp out in surprise. "ok so are you going to tell me who you work for or not" I said pulling his arm a little further. "stop stop stop please I'll tell you just stop" he yells I released a bit of pressure from his arm still not letting it go fully. "The dude I work for his name's James Conhart" He said in a hurried tone. I lean down to whisper in his ear "Thanks" I said before snapping his arm. He screamed as I pulled myself off the ground and left the alley way.

I didn't get far before I heard a thud behind me. I turned around to see the "hero" who has originally tried to stop my robbery. "I have been looking for you" They said still trying there menacing tone out. I rolled my eyes. "Dude your whole menacing act isn't working it just sounds stupid" I said with an annoyed tone. They said now in a regular voice "It doesn't matter you are coming with me understand". I laughed "Yeah that's not going to happen..." I paused and pointed them up and down "whatever the fuck your name is". "You can call me The Crimson Shield" The person said all stoic like. I burst out into full laughter wiping a tear from my eye "That's great The Crimson Shield" I said in a sarcastic tone still laughing. "Why don't you just call me something like Silver Shadow" I say still laughing. The person obviously annoyed with me at this point lunges at me.

I quickly pull my dagger out of its sheath to protect myself. My opponent doesn't seem to care and continue after me anyways. Once in range I swing my dagger at their face cutting them clean across the face through there mask. I step back in shock by what just happened when I see the cut skin exposed by the mask heal itself. They get off the ground and look at me with a confident look that read come and get me. "well shit" I say with a confused look on my face that gets wiped clean off in a second as I hit the ground hard. My assailant pins my arms to the ground on either side of my head. I raise my eyebrow before saying in a flirty tone "Well isn't this and interesting position". I can see a blush rising on the parts of their cheeks I can see. I take their embarrassment as my opportunity. I get my knee in-between me and the person and launch them off of me.

I quickly popped up and took off running. Apparently my short legs could not carry me as far as my attacker since I was quickly taken down again. This time I wasn't quite as lucky to land on my butt. Instead I smacked my head on the pavement. I turn around throwing a punch at them landing it square on their jaw. They yelp from the hit and I quickly pull away and start running again this time I launched myself up into a tree. I look down and see my assailant trying to climb the tree but failing. I stuck my tongue out at them and they gave me a glare. I climbed up to the top of the tree and jumped out launching myself onto the nearest building. I climb up the building and take off running across the building towards home.

Once home I sneak into the apartment and sneak past Shayne who was sitting on the couch. I manage to sneak into my room and take off my mask, gloves, and hoodie. I then sneak back down and to the kitchen looking quietly opening the fridge door and pulling out an old sandwich. "what are you doing?" I hear Shayne say and I whip my head around hitting the top of the fridge on my way out. "Ahgg" I said gripping my head and holding my sandwich in my other hand. I pull my hand away from my head and see blood on my hand. I must have re-opened my wound from earlier. "Oh god your hurt come here" Shayne said grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards the couch. "Ohh its fine just a small cut" I say trying to calm Shayne down. She clearly doesn't listen and leaves to grab a first aid kit.

A few moments later Shayne comes back down the stairs and over to me pulling out cleaning towels. "How did this happen" she said giving me a worried look. "Oh I just fell while walking earlier" I say trying to push her away but she was not having it and just slapped my hands away. She finished cleaning my wound and began to open up a band aid. Only then did I realize how close she was to me which of course caused my cheeks to betray me with a blush. Once she finishes the band aid I quickly say thanks then get up and practically ran up to my room.

I spent the rest of the night in my room before falling asleep. The next morning when I woke up I felt this nervous energy that I couldn't explain. I went down stairs and just like always saw Shayne watching the morning news. I stood at the stair case for a moment watching the scene below me unfold. I could see Shayne take a sip of her coffee her hair still messy from sleeping. I couldn't explain what it was I was feeling. I never had much experience in the feeling and emotional side of this world always been cold, calculating, logical. It's how I survived this harsh world and yet when she turned her head to give me a quick smile I couldn't help but feel like I was floating. That smile of hers made me feel something. I just don't know if I should embrace it or run from it.

After finally making my way down the stairs and plopped down on the couch directing my attention towards the TV. When I looked at the TV screen I finally understood where my nervous energy was coming from. On the screen I saw that "Hero" I fought last night giving what looked like a press statement. "I do not know how dangerous this person is yet. All I know is that they are sneaky, smart, and a fighter. I recommend people to beware this person at all costs" they said before it cut over to the man I had fought last night "she... she... attacked me out of the blue... I tried to fight back but I wasn't quick enough" he said while being treated by medical personal. Then It switched over to a police officer "If you have any information on who this girl is please contact the police, we also have reason to believe she was also involved in the recent bank robber" and then it cut over to a sketch artist of what I looked like in my get up with the name Silver Shadow beneath.

"That crazy huh she beat up that poor dude and broke his arm" Shayne said with a sorrowful look in her eyes. "Maybe he was involved in some drug ring and she needed to integrate him" I said trying not to be too obvious. "mmm I don't know... either way it's the police's job not the job of some run of the mill vigilante" Shayne said taking another sip of her coffee. "Well maybe if the police did there freaking job we wouldn't need people like her" I said crossing my arms and bring my leg up towards me. "Are you really defending this person" Shayne said while raising her eyebrow at me. "I never said that. I just like to make sure all my facts are straight before I go around accusing people of things" I said in a defensive tone.

"also the Silver Shadow name was supposed to be a joke" I said whispering to myself. "Hmm what did you say" Shayne said looking at me. "Oh nothing" I quickly recovered. She just nodded and went back to watching TV. Well now I'm wanted for multiply crimes. Stupid Silver Shadow.