Chapter 13: Villains and Heros

Villains and hero's. The kind of thing you only see in movies and TV shows. I guess that's why the world likes these concepts. The fantasy and mystery behind it. The news currently seemed to like it I guess big titles like that get people attention. I mean who doesn't love a good superhero vs supervillain story. But some people don't see behind the curtain. They choose to root for their hero right? The quote on quote good guy. But often they don't see or wish to see the villains reasoning. They choose to make the villain out as some kind of monster. I think they do this because if they didn't they would have to come to terms with reality. The fact that anyone could be a "Villain". Your neighbor, Roommate, friend, or mother. Anyone could become this twisted manifestation of trauma and hate. Even you. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it maybe I am crazy. Yeah that probably to answer.

it Is insane how your life changes. The things you never expect happen and there never is a plan. Going from a sad traumatized child to this. One of the most fear people in the world. It started as a mistake. Then with a purpose. Then it changed to something else. I refused to be that sad little girl anymore. No the world would knew who I was. They would no longer ignore me. They would fear me. listen to me. bow to me. I would be someone the world knew. And I no longer cared if that was a good thing or not.

I ducked barely avoiding a fist to my face. I swung my arm out slashing my opponent across the stomach only to watch it heal seconds later. I back stepped putting my arms up in a defensive position. "You know your healing factor is fucking annoying" I said exasperated. Crimson shield just rolled their eyes launching into another round of attacks. I quickly rolled out of the way popping back onto my feet a good 10 feet away. "Look I know you are pissed about the whole blowing up a hospital thing but I had a reason" I say still dodging their attacks. And I did have a reason. The drug lord of the same drug ring I had been dealing with had gotten shot and sent the emergency room. They say they would give him a fair trial but I knew they wouldn't. So I did what I thought necessary but people always take it the wrong way.

"I don't care what ever fucking reason you have, innocent people got hurt" They said in a sharp angry tone which took me by surprise. Sure some people got hurt but think about how many are better off now. Sometimes you have to make a choice and I made mine. I just sighed and continued to fight until I had managed to in bed my knife into their chest. I took this as my opportunity to run. So I booked it.

I woke up the next morning with aches and pains from the previous night. I drug myself out of bed and downstairs. "Good morning" I heard Shayne chipper voice which always had the effect of making me happier. I smiled briefly "morning" I replied back flopping onto the couch with a groan. Shayne looked at me concerned "Are you ok" she said with a soft tone. "Just sore muscles" I replied while rolling my shoulder. She quickly pulled me over towards her and sat me in front of her. I always found it amazing how she could so easily just move me. I wasn't exactly a light person but she made it out like it was easy. Like I was just a ragdoll.

She placed her hands on my shoulders and began to give me a message. "Yeah I can feel you are tense" She said but I was so lost in the feeling that I didn't even notice. I felt my cheeks heat up as I realized the position I was in. sitting in front of a hot girl as she gave me a message. I just chose to ignore my awkwardness for a moment and try to enjoy something for once. After probably ten minutes she finished standing up and pulling me up with her. "We should go get some food I know this awesome pizza place" She said pulling me with her as she headed towards the door. I just giggled.

Shayne and I walked side by side down a couple blocks to the pizza place and she pulled me inside. We walked up the counter and order a couple of slices then went to sit down. The news was on we were watching it while munching pizza. "It's crazy this Crimson Shield Vs Silver Shadow isn't it" Shayne said still looking at the TV. "Yeah I guess it is" I say quietly taking another bite of pizza. "I wonder who the Silver Shadow is" she said raising her eyebrow. I froze for a sec "Uhm could be anyone I guess" I say. "Nah not just anyone it takes a special kind of crazy to do that" she said taking a bite out of her pizza. I just nodded to myself. I mean she was right. It does take a special kind of crazy doesn't it.

We decided to walk through the park since It had just started snowing. I watched Shayne run into a clearing the snow falling around her. She held her arms out and face to the sky. She looked like an angel amongst heaven. She turned her head towards me and beckoned me over. I rolled my eyes before walking out into the snow with her. She grabbed my hand once I was in reach and pulled me closer to her. "Isn't it beautiful" she said looking at the now lightly snow covered ground. I looked up at her face smiling with aw. "Yeah it is" I said she turned her head to look at me and smiled before walking off again.

I beganfollowing her when she turned around and hit me right in the face with asnowball. I could hear her laughing her ass of so I wiped the snow off my faceand ran after her. I think she could see the determination in my eyes becauseshe took off running away from me. Curse my short legs so I came up with anidea. I fell to the ground face first groaning I rolled onto my back clutchingmy side. I say Shayne run over with a concerned look on her face. which quicklyfaded as I grabbed her leg causing her to fall into the snow. Now it was myturn to laugh. She just looked at me a dropped more snow onto my face. I swungmy arms around getting to snow off of me and standing up. I looked at Shaynewho had a smug look on her face. "What are you so happy about" I said crossingmy arms. She laughed "Your cheeks and nose are all red it's adorable". Thisstatement didn't help my current predicament so I just turned around andstarted walking home to the sound of laughter behind me. And as Shayne ran tocatch up to me smiling and still laughing I had a realization. One I don'tthink I was prepared to have. One I thought I would never have. I. Pheya Fox.Had fallen in love.