Chapter 11: Payback

There I lay in my bed unable to move a muscle. I had no idea what day it was at this point for I had been laying here for so long. The unending guilt I felt. The news decided to blame Silver Shadow for Dave's death. I guess they weren't entirely wrong. Shayne had tried to cheer me up. Bringing me chocolate chip cookies, telling me jokes, and simply just holding me when I broke down and cried. I knew Dave's funeral would be in a couple of days, but I wasn't sure if I had the strength to go. But there was one thing I was sure of. The people who did this, the people who decided to fuck with me, they would pay, dearly.

Within three days Dave's funeral had been set up. I went out shopping to get myself a black suit for the event. It was a nice funeral. Nothing huge but nice. Only a few people were there mostly his family. I hung towards to back not wanting to intrude upon his family to much. Part of me wanted to cry but yet as I watched his coffin be lowered into the cold ground I only felt empty. Like something inside me finally snapped. The pain of losing him. The pain of losing someone I had considered family. The guilt of knowing it was all my fault. It broke me. And all I was left feeling was numb.

After the casket was buried and the people had said there goodbye and began to leave I still stood there waiting to be alone. Once everyone else had left I walked up to the grave stone. It read "Here lies Dave Rosenberg Born 1994 Died 2019. He lived a good life loved by all you met him. RIP." I sat crisscross right before his grave gently placing my single black rose on top the pile of others flowers. I sat there for a few minute just thinking before I finally spoke.

"I am sorry" I said almost in an inaudible whisper "This is all my fault.". I paused for a moment more before continuing "You should have never tried to be my friend... I told you the day we met I was nothing but trouble but you didn't listen" I look to the ground shaking my head side to side with a small chuckle. "You never listened to me did you?" I sigh "And now look... if you had never known me you would still be alive and happy" I paused a single tear sliding down my face "I'm sorry you ever knew me" I finished getting up and walking away.

I had simply decided to walk. I didn't know where I was going but I had to clear my head. I don't remember how long I was out there but it grew dark before long. I finally started my walk home. Once I had arrived back at the building I walked into the apartment to see Shayne cooking. She turns around and gives me a small smile. Which I reciprocated with as much as a smile as I could muster. I walked up to my room and plopped down onto my bed. Pulling the covers up and falling asleep.

The next day I had finally decided I had to stop moping around. I needed to do something. I need to hurt someone. I needed to make the people who did this pay with blood. So that's what I set out to do. I had to figure out who I was after and how to hurt them and I knew just where to look. I pulled out my computer and began to dig into the police records. Any records I could find anything at all. I kept digging and digging until I found something. Cody Wilbern and Lincoln Chesner. Those were the people. Those where the names. Those where to people who would pay. Who would suffer. Who would burn.

I spent the rest of the night digging up information on these to sleaze bags called humans. It wasn't very difficult they both had a history of many criminal charges ranging from drug charges to assault so they had plenty of history for me to piece together. After many hours of searching through data bases and government documents I finally had the information I needed. Cody and Lincoln are part of the same Drug organization as James. Convenient, this meant that they would have some kind of base of operations. Possible the last place I had been to. I would have to go check it out. Now I just needed a plan.

After careful decision making I had come up with something of a plan. It required I steal some seriously dangerous things and the police surely wouldn't be happy about that but then again when have they ever been happy with what I do. I would also need press coverage. I wanted the world to see me. Wanted them to know not to mess with me. To know that if they do wish to mess with me that they will suffer.

After I finished planning I went to sleep knowing I would need my sleep.I woke up early the next morning and immediately got to work. I practically randown the stairs and out the door only giving Shayne I quick wave and I receiveda stare in return. I spent the rest of the day running around NYC gettingeverything I needed while luckily only having one close call with the policewhile stealing some gasoline and other... explosive things. After I hadeverything I went to the building where I had killed James and setup a lookouton the building across from it. It must have been sometime around 12 AM when Ifinally saw what I was looking for Cody, Lincoln, and some other goons enteredthe building. That's when I knew it was go time.