Make This Right // Dalry

A/N : this is gonna have shitty titles but oh well 😂 the whole thing is probably gonna suck

~
Third person POV

Darry sighed as he walked into his house. He just got home from a long day at work and was extremely annoyed at everything. He hoped he didn't see either one of his brothers, he didn't feel like talking to anyone.

This past week has been rough for him. And it was all because of Dallas Winston.

It all started when Dally got into a fight, and Darry had to take care of him. Darry was pissed off at him for always getting himself into trouble, and lectured him the whole car ride home, but Dally just smirked as Darry yelled at him. At the end of the car ride, Dally just kissed Darry out of nowhere.

"You're hot when you're mad, Dar".

Darry wasn't sure about giving him a chance at first. Dally was known as a man whore, always flirting or hooking up with some broad. Why would he want to settle down now?

But Darry had liked him for awhile, even though he was confused on whether it was just attraction or not. However, he realized he defiantly did after the kiss, so he decided to give him a chance. They'd been together for a few months with no problems, other than the occasional moments when Dally got himself into fights and Darry yelled at him.

However, one day Darry saw Dally flirting with some broad at the drive in. He wasn't sad, he was pissed. He went over there, grabbed Dally by his collar and dragged him into a place where only they could talk. Dally looked confused and guilty at the same time, but Darry just yelled at him and told him to never talk to him again. He didn't want a cheater.

Darry felt stupid. How could he believe that Dallas would be faithful to him?

The whole week went by and Darry had done everything he could to avoid Dally. Which was hard, since he would come over a lot. Every time he tried to talk to Darry, Darry would just go into his room and lock the door.

Darry didn't want to hear his excuses or lies. He was done with that. He was done with Dallas.

Darry looked around to see if his brothers were home, and he found a note that said Ponyboy was with Johnny at the drive-in and Soda was at Steve's house. And Darry assumed Two-Bit was getting drunk somewhere. He didn't know where Dally was, and he didn't care.

However, part of him did care. He knew he still cared about Dally, despite what he did.

But he would be damned if he ever let anyone know it.

Darry was relieved no one was there. He didn't want to deal with anyone. He sat down in front of the TV, bored but also enjoying his alone time. He needed time to think.

He was still so pissed at Dally. With him he let his true feelings show. Dallas was the only one who saw that side of him.

But then he had to go and fuck it all up.

Darry still loved him, he really did. But he wasn't sure if things could be fixed.

His thoughts were interrupted by the door opening and closing shut. Darry looked to see who it was and it was none other than Dallas Winston.

Dally looked scared, sad, and desperate. He would only let those feelings show around Darry.

They broke down their walls for each other. But Dally was scared he ruined it by doing something stupid. He didn't mean too.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Darry glared at Dally with pure fury in his eyes. He didn't want to see him, even though deep down he wanted too.

"I need to talk to you, man. Don't walk away." Dally pleaded as Darry got up. Darry was ready to go to his room again, but he stayed

"I don't want to hear your excuses." Darry scowled and Dally looked down at the ground.

"Please just hear me out." Darry wanted to leave, but Dally's voice sounded so desperate and he felt like he had no choice but to stay.

"Fine." Darry said, rolling his eyes. Dally sighed before speaking again.

"First of all, I didn't mean to flirt with that broad, man. I know it was fucked up, but it was harmless, I swear! I didn't want to do anything with her! She just started talking to me and I got carried away." Darry sighed in frustration as Dally spoke. You could tell when Dally was serious about flirting or not, and he didn't look serious at all with that girl. But, flirting with someone else while in a relationship was never okay.

"That ain't okay, Dallas. Ya can't flirt with other people when you're already in a relationship." Darry said and Dally sighed. He wished he could go back in time and not do it. He didn't mean it at all. He felt so stupid, like he fucked up the best thing he ever had. He just wanted to make this right.

"I know that. It ain't gonna happen again." Dally replied. He meant it. And Darry could tell he meant it. But how was he supposed to believe him?

"How the hell am I supposed to believe that?" Darry didn't know if he could trust Dally again. Darry could tell Dally was hurt by the look in his eyes, but Darry was still annoyed.

"Please just give me another chance!" Darry wanted too, he really did. He hated seeing Dally like this, so sad...but he was still not sure. He had to get his priorities straight.

"I don't know if that's a good idea." Dally was really getting desperate now. He didn't want to lose Darry over a stupid mistake.

"I love you, Darry. I've never loved anyone like I love you. I don't want anyone else, especially some random broad." Dally meant every word he said. He had only told Darry he loved him once in their whole relationship span, but if Darry gave him another chance then he would say it more. He just didn't want to get hurt. You look out for yourself and you don't get hurt.

But he never wanted to hurt Darry either.

"Dallas..." Darry started.

"I know that I hurt you. I know that nothing I can say will change the past. But...I'm hoping that you'll forgive me in the end. I'm hoping that I can make this right." Dally was now almost in tears. He never wanted anything more than Darry. He couldn't go back, but he just wanted Darry to forgive him so he could do better in the future.

Darry noticed the tears forming in Dally's eyes, and he was shocked because everyone knew that Dallas never cried over anything. That's how Darry knew he meant this.

Darry couldn't take it anymore and moved forward to wrap his arms around Dally. Dally sighed in relief and relaxed into his strong arms. Dally rested his head on Darry's chest and sighed as he felt Darry's hands run through his hair.

"I forgive you, Dal. I love you." Darry said as he kissed the top of his head.

"But if you ever do anything like that again I won't hesitate to kick your ass, got it?" Darry said playfully but he was also completely serious.

"I know. But I won't. You're the only one I'll ever love, man." Dally blushed as he said that. He was tough with everyone else but such a softie with Darry.

"I love you, Darry."

"I love you too, Dal."

~

A/N : Welp, that sucked 😂