Stupid // Dalry

Requested by @Baby_rosey :)

~

Darry sat in the living room, flipping through the newspaper that he actually didn't give a damn about. Soda and Pony were off doing god knows what, so he had the house to himself. He found it strange that none of the others were here bugging him, though. He wondered why.

That was answered when the phone started ringing. Darry roller his eyes and picked it up, wondering who could be calling.

"Hey, man." It was Dally. Darry smiled to himself. He knew it was wrong but he had feelings for Dally. He'd never let him know, though. There was no way that he felt the same. Dally was a womanizer. His smile quickly faded when he discovered the reason Dally was calling.

"Uhh, I'm kinda in jail, man. Think you could bail me out?" Darry rolled his eyes. Dally was always getting himself into trouble. And who was always there to save him, even if he didn't want too? Darry. Maybe that's why he was called Superman, along with his muscles that Dally couldn't help but check out every time Darry was looking the other way.

"Yeah, fine. Be there soon." Darry scowled. Dally started to say something else, but Darry hung up. Darry got into his car, driving to the jail. How many times was he gonna have to do this?

"Hi, yes, I'm here to bail out Dallas Winston. Okay." Darry said to the receptionist. She sent two guards to go get Dally. Darry waited patiently, although he was ready to yell at Dally for being stupid again.

A few minutes past and the guards escorted Dally out of his cell. Dally wore a smirk on his face, he sure was proud of his police record. Deep down, he was dreading getting yelled at by Darry again. He hated when Darry was mad at him.

"Come on, Dal." Darry walked out without another word, getting into the drivers seat. Dally got into the passenger seat, ready for what was coming. He didn't see why Darry cared so much.

"What the hell did you do this time, stupid?" Darry was the only one who dared to talk to Dally like that. He had a good reason, too. Darry didn't think it was a waste of money bailing Dally out, though. He was worth it. He'd never let him know it, though.

"Drunk fighting, man. Fucked the guy up pretty badly." Dally said, not acknowledging his black eye. The other guy was probably worse, as Darry assumed.

"You need to stop being so stupid." Darry shot him a nasty look. Dally crosses his arms, half smirking, half annoyed.

"I don't see why you care anyways. I do stupid shit, so what? It ain't gonna affect you, man." Dally shot back. It wasn't any of his business what he did. He had seen it all on the rough streets of New York. This was nothing. It was fun, anyways.

"You think it don't affect me? I have to come here and bail your stupid ass out of jail." Darry argued back. Arguing with Dally was no fun, but Darry didn't know how to tell him he did care without making it obvious that he loved him.

"But-" Dally started, but Darry cut him off. Darry stopped the car, he'd rather not die of a car crash, the cause of it being arguing with Dally.

"No, shut up. And I hate it when you get into fights. I care about you, Dal! I don't like getting you from jail." Darry couldn't take it anymore. He didn't care what Dally would think, Dally needed to be told that someone did in fact, really care about him.

"I don't see why." Dally said. No one had ever cared about him. He had been in jail at a young age, he didn't know any better. But that didn't bother him, right? It bothered him a lot. He wanted Darry, only Darry, to tell him everything would be okay.

"Because I love you, stupid!" Darry didn't mean to say it, but now it was out. Dally stared straight ahead, trying to process the words he was just told. Darry, loving him? It had to be some sort of sick joke.

"Yeah, right. Stop fucking playing around, man." Dally said. He loved Darry back, but he refused to say it. He'd never said it to anyone. And he believed that Darry was lying, anyways.

"I'm not!" Darry was furious. Why didn't Dally believe him?

"Prove it!" Dally yelled. Darry wasn't sure what to do, but then it hit him. He looked Dally up and down for a second, before grabbing his face, bringing him in to kiss him. Darry couldn't believe what he was doing. He was kissing Dallas Winston, the one everyone was scared of. But Darry wasn't scared of him, not at all.

Dallas was scared, though. Scared of loving Darry. And scared of Darry leaving him. But maybe this wasn't a joke, maybe Darry was kissing him because he really did love him. Maybe he should kiss him back.

So that's what he did, he wrapped his arms around Darry's neck and kissed him back. Darry slipped his tongue into Dally's mouth, pouring out all of his feelings. Eventually, they broke away in need for air.

"Believe me now?" Darry said, this time being the one to smirk. Then he realized what he just did. "I'm sorry, Dal. I didn't mean too." Dally was shocked at his words. He didn't mean to tell him he loved him? He didn't mean to kiss him?

"You didn't mean any of that?" Dally sounded hurt, much to Darry's surprised. He was hurt. He realized he did really love Darry. He wanted him to mean all of that.

"Wait, I did. But I didn't. I mean, I did mean it but-" Dally kissed him again, this time not being afraid. Darry did mean it, he understood now. He broke the kiss a few seconds later, needing to say something.

"I love you too." Dally pressed their foreheads together, for once in his life feeling loved. They stayed like that for a few minutes, in comfortable silence.

"Can you please stop getting into fights?" Darry said, breaking the silence. Dally took one look at him and realized that he should stop, only for Darry.

"Yeah. But only if you become my boyfriend." Darry smiled and gave him a quick peck.

"Of course I will, stupid."

~

I hope ya liked that :)