I Never Asked To Be Chosen // Dalry

~

"GODAMMIT DALLY!" Darry screamed as he slammed the door to his house, Dallas walking in front of them. Ponyboy was in the kitchen but ran out of there when he heard the door slam. He did not want to witness another screaming match between the couple.

"God, could you shut up? You're so loud you probably woke up the whole neighborhood, man." Dally said, pretending to be mad. In reality, he was hiding the fact that he's upset. He hated fighting with Darry, especially over something that was his fault to begin with. Darry glared at Dally in response. Dally was the only one who dared to talk to him like that.

"Could you not do stupid shit?" Darry fires back. This time, Dally had tried to jump some guy, but he pulled a blade on him and Dally would've got stabbed if Darry didn't show up and scare the guy off. Darry was sick of Dally was always getting himself into fights.

"It ain't stupid..." Dally tried to defend, but even he knew he was wrong. He just wanted to argue.

Honestly, he couldn't see what Darry saw in him. Dally thought of himself as a no good, dirty hood. He didn't think he was deserving of someone like Darry. Smart, strong, caring...he didn't think he was worthy of love. He feared that one day, Darry would wake up and realize this. That's why he argued with him so much.

Dally tried to act like he didn't care, but deep down he just wanted someone to love him. No one ever had, and he had trouble believing Darry did.

They say you can't love someone else without loving yourself first. Dally thought that was bullshit. He has never loved himself? But Darry? He loved him so much he forgot what hating himself felt like.

"It's very stupid! Damn it, Dal! Why do ya have to get yourself into fights and be so damn stupid?!" Darry yelled as he paced around the room. Dally wanted to yell back, but what he said wasn't exactly what he planned.

"Because I am stupid, man! I ain't good enough for you! I'm just a hood." Sally yelled back, shock he was admitting how he felt deep down. Darry looked at him like he was crazy.

"What do you mean, Dal? You don't gotta think about yourself like that, honey." Darry stopped pacing and took a hesitant step towards Dally.

"Just stop lying! All I ever do is get myself into trouble. I don't deserve to have someone like you! I'm a bad person, a no good hood! Why did you even pick me?" Dally couldn't stop himself now.

"Stop it!" Darry took another step forward. He hated that Dally felt this way.

"I never asked to be chosen!" Dally sighed. He expected Darry to yell at him some more, and was surprised when he felt a pair of lips against his. He didn't expect it, but he kissed back.

After a few minutes Darry broke the kiss, resting his forehead against Dallys.

"Yeah, maybe ya didn't ask. I don't care. You're wrong about what you say about yourself. You ain't just a hood, and I know ya do care, you just got a different way of showing it. You're amazing, and the best thing that ever happened to me. I couldn't ask for any more than you. I love you, Dallas Winston. Now please, stop gettin' into so many damn fights." Dally smiled at this. If Darry stuck around through all of this, maybe he really did love Dally.

"Fine." Dally agreed.

"Good." Darry said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Oh, and Darry?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

~

A/N : oof that was short