Here Without You // Dalry & Johnnyboy

Requested by @Cat_wolf17

This was sad to write :(

~

Ponyboys POV

I ran down the hospital halls, as fast as my injured self would let me. Dally followed in suite, his injuries weren't as bad as mine but he was going slower. Slower because he knew what was coming. I knew it too, but I didn't wanna believe it.

I didn't wanna believe that Johnny was dying. He's the love of my life. I know I'm only fourteen and I don't know about love or whatever, but I know enough to know that I love Johnny and I'll never find anything else like him. I don't want him to die.

He's been mine for only a few months, but I've been the happiest I'd ever been. I can't lose him. I forgot what life felt like without Johnny.

I open the door to his room, limping over to the side of his bed. Dally came in too, talking to Johnny. They were close. Not in the way me and Johnny were, though. Dally's with my oldest brother, Darry. It was more of a brotherly relationship.

Dally was telling Johnny about how we stomped the Socs in the rumble. But I knew what Johnny would say. He never wanted to fight.

"We're all proud of you buddy, it's gonna be okay." Dally said. Johnny smiled, he always wanted Dally to be proud of him. I looked over at my love, grabbing his hand and stroking it with my thumb.

Please. I don't want him to go. He's gonna be okay. He has to be.

"Ponyboy..." I look into his eyes. I don't think he can hold on anymore. I realize I'm crying. I lean forward since I can barely hear him.

"Stay gold, Ponyboy. I love you so much. Stay gold..." He takes his final breath. The pillow sinks, and Johnny dies. No. This can't be real.

"Come on, Johnny." Dallas's voice sounds so broken. I'm just crying, repeating no over and over again. Maybe if I keep saying no, keep believing that this is just some nightmare, he'll be back. He has to be okay.

Who am I kidding? I feel like a part of me is dead, like there's a huge hole in my heart. He was a part of me. He was my hero. He was always there for me, he always had my back. Hell, he killed someone for me. He ran away with me. He followed me into that stupid church. This is my fault.

This can't be real. This has to be some type of bad dream. I look at Dally, and he's crying. I've never seen Dallas Winston cry. That's how I know this is real.

I kiss Johnny's forehead, as a final goodbye. His skin wasn't warm like it used too. He really is gone. My baby is gone. I'd never get to see his smile, hear his laugh or his voice, feel the warmth of his embrace, kiss his soft lips, see his beautiful face. None of that. I press my head against his chest and start sobbing. It was sinking into me and more. I could try to pretend, try to forget, but it wouldn't do me any good. Johnny's dead.

I hear Dally leave the room. I have no idea where he's going. I can't move. I can't stop him. All I can do is cry and try to convince myself that this isn't real.

The love of my life is gone and now, I feel like I'm gone too.

~

Darry's POV

Ponyboy got home and told us Johnny was dead, and that Dally ran off. If that idiot lands himself in jail again, I'm done with him. I don't mean that, though. I love him, even though I've never told him that. I'd never be done with him.

I guess I'll just wait for him to come home. I wait for what feels like hours. The phone rings and Steve answers it, before handing it to me. He said it's Dally.

"Hello?" I swear, if I have to bail him out of jail again.

"I knocked off some store, man. Cops are after me. Meet me at the park?" Are you kidding me? Now we have to hide him. Of course he would go and do something stupid.

"Yeah. Dal, are you alright?" I keep my voice as gentle as possible, despite the fact I'm pissed. I outta have some sympathy on him, Johnny did just die.

"Yeah, baby. Johnny's dead. Just meet me at the park..." Good god. I get the rest of the boys and we start running towards the park. I don't have a good feeling about this.

My heart sinks as I hear the sound of cop sirens, along with Dallas yelling.

"You'll never catch me alive!" He pulled out the unloaded gun. Is he stupid? This is how you get yourself killed! I know Dal, and he wouldn't do this. He's just too shocked from Johnny's death.

"Drop it!" Gunshots. Cop gunshots.

"It's not loaded! Don't shoot!" The boys scream. This can't be happening. They did not seriously just shoot him.

But they did. I see him fall to the ground. The boys are screaming, and so am I. They shot him down like he's some dog, or some worthless hood.

"He's just a kid!" Why would they just shoot him down like that? They couldn't done anything else. These cops have no mercy for the boys on our side of town, especially Dallas. He got himself into a lot of trouble. But he was just a kid. He grew up like this.

It then occurred to me that Dallas was going to die. He had always got what he wanted, and he wanted to be dead. And he would be. He just got shot I don't know how many times.

I give him one last pleading look as he's falling to the ground, slowly sinking. He looks at me with an apologetic look.

"I love you, Darry-..." He's cut off as he rolls onto the ground. I run and try to catch him, but it's too late. He's already on the ground, and he's already gone.

I feel like I can't breathe as I stare down at my lovers dead body. Just a hood to some, but he was everything to me. He was the light of my life. And now, that light has faded. I'm so unbelievably pissed. Why the fuck did they have to kill him? He wasn't just some hood.

"You stupid idiots! You stupid fricks!" I scream at them. I don't care if it gets me in trouble. They just killed my best friend, my boyfriend, my everything. I want to scream and break everything in sight.

I look down at his body, cradling myself as I tried not to sob. I was supposed to be the tough one. You don't stop living just because you lose somebody, right? Well, right now I feel like I'm not living either.

I'm so fucking angry. Why does life have to take everything? Why is he gone...? I never even got to tell him I love him, and that was his last words to me. This wasn't fucking fair!

I look up at the street light, hoping no one can see my tears of rage. This is not fair at all.

The light of my life is gone.

~

That wasn't very good but I hope you liked that :D