You Found Me // Johnnyboy

A/N : this wasn't made with prompt generator, but as been an idea I wanted to do for a while. This is a sad one. WARNING : contains death and suicide mentions/scenes. So it could be triggering. You've been warned.

~

"I love you, Ponyboy. Stay gold, baby..."

Those were Johnny Cade's last words. When he took his last breath, Ponyboy felt like he died too. Dally was shocked about Johnny's last words, but he honestly didn't care. He just didn't want Johnny, who was like his little brother, to die. Not now. Not ever.

"No! Johnny, baby don't leave me! Please' I need you! I love you! No! No." Ponyboy was going hysterical. He backed up agonist the wall and kept saying no. Dally was planning to walk out and get himself into trouble, but one look at the kid told him he couldn't leave him here. He was going crazy on the inside, and he was crying, but he couldn't leave Ponyboy like this.

"No! No. This isn't happening! No! No..." Ponyboy kept repeating. He didn't want to believe that Johnny was dead. Dally walked over to him, putting his hand on his shoulder.

"Pony, man, you gotta calm down." Dally said and Ponyboy glared at him like he was about to kill him.

"He's not dead! He's not! I can't lose him! I love him! He ain't fuckin dead!" Ponyboy never cursed, but he was so stressed out. The love of his life just died in front of him, and he didn't want to believe it.

Johnny was his first and only. He had loved him for a while, but found out Johnny loved him back on Jay Mountain, when Johnny kissed him between their tears. Johnny was his first love, his first boyfriend, his first kiss, and his first time. He had lost more than just his best friend. He lost his everything. He lost his baby.

"He's gone, kid." Dally shook his head. Ponyboy screamed and pushed Dally back.

"No! Shut up!" Dally took it. Ponyboy loved Johnny and now he was gone.

Ponyboy wished more than anything that he could die too. He didn't know how to live without Johnny. He can't handle losing Johnny.

Just then, he got an idea. He saw Two-Bits ten-inch switchblade sticking out of Dally's pocket. Without a second thought he grabbed it.

"Kid! The hell are you doing?" Dally screamed as he realized Ponyboy was taking his blade. Ponyboy ran out of the room and Dally's stomach churned when he realized what Ponyboy was going to do. Dally took one last look at Johnny before running after Ponyboy.

Dally ran down the street after him, and luckily the gang was still at the lot and Ponyboy happened to run down the street in that direction.

"Ponyboy? What the hell are you doing!?" Darry called out, but they didn't go after him at first. They didn't know.

"Johnny's dead, man! Pony has a switchblade! I think he's gonna do somethin' stupid!" Dally told them as he ran by. The others didn't waste another second as they followed.

Ponyboy could hear them chasing him and yelling for him to stop, but he couldn't stop. He wanted to be dead. He wanted to be with Johnny.

"Ponyboy stop!" Darry yelled. He couldn't lose him too. Not like they lost their parents. Not like they lost Johnny.

"You don't wanna do this, man!" But Ponyboy did wanna do this. He finally stopped running, feeling he was far enough where they couldn't grab it out of his hand.

Ponyboy pressed the knife to his throat ready to slice it open, but was tackled to the ground in a swift motion. It was Dally.

"Ponyboy, no!" Dally said as he tried to get the switchblade out of Ponyboy's grip. Ponyboy still had it pressed to his neck and was struggling to get his arms away from Dally.